TRENTON KAI ROYAL

But the heart wants what it wants.

I feel a wave of loneliness hit me the moment she walks out of those doors, somehow I want to get out of my suite and follow her and beg her to come back to me but I have to slow down if I want this newfound relationship to last longer.

Samantha is young, so young that if I thought about it much longer, I would depress myself with the guilty feeling of what I am doing.

I can feel the tension in her when she is around me or when I get closer to her, I know it's not because I am doing what she doesn't want me to but I have to figure out what brings the tension in her body.

I stay sat on the floor but I really can't stand the silence in the room anymore, I can't allow myself to be alone and give myself time to think. I am never good at it and it always leads to some worse decisions making, so I stand up and walk back in my room to change for the second time this evening.

I can't just sit here knowing pretty well that the girl getting on my nerves and having my mind go nuts is in the same building with me.

I get changed from my sweat pants and long-sleeved shirt into some black pants that I top with a polo shirt that I tug in my pants and wear some sports shoes.

Sitting here knowing pretty well that Samantha is in this building with me, it's not an option for me to take.
I am going crazy.

I walk out of my room and walk down to the lobby.
For the two years that I have lived here, I have managed to make a small group of friends that I hang out with but the one to go to is always Joshua. And he so happens to be a receptionist at this hotel.

I walk to him and seeing me he gives me a big smile that I know just signals trouble but I also didn't get dressed and walked down here for nothing.

"Hey man," I say to him when I reach where he is and he is still smiling at me.

"A miracle of the dead rising back to life. Where have you been?" I shrug my shoulders at him.

"Caught up with work." He looks at me and then smirks.

"It's your loss, so to what do I owe this pleasure." He moves his hands up and points them towards me.
I shake my head because one thing I will never get used to it's his drama.

"I want you to come get a drink with me. You know it's been long since we've had that."
He moves his hands down but not before taping them on the counter in front of him.

"That's a first in a long time and the other guys says they misses you too."

"Yeah well, I am here tonight."

"On my working night, you sure hate me. I've heard rumors of it but I never believed it for even a second but now I can see it." He says and the sad look he is giving me, makes me chuckle at him.

I look at him and shrug my shoulders. "It's so unfortunate for you to be working on a Friday night shift so if you want to blame anyone. Blame your unlucky self, anyway See you on Sunday."

I say to him and wink at him before I turn and walk away from him.
I know he definitely need to yell something at me however he can't shout while being on a post, so I walk away while smirking.