SAMANTHA LILY ADAMS

Love comes from blindness
Friendship from knowledge.

Comtelde Bussy Rabuttin.

As I stare at the disappearing figure of Kai, I let out a defeated sigh as I also get on my feet and follow him into the office like he just told me to do.

I reach his closed-door office and knock twice before pulling the door open and walking inside.
He is standing beside his window looking outside.

I walk and stand a few feet from him and sensing my presence he turns to look at me.
"Samantha." I usually don't care but I am starting to like the way he calls my name all the time.

He does it so many times that every time he wants to say something to me, he starts with my name and goes on progressing with whatever he wants to talk to me about like now.

"Are you okay?" His question takes me by surprise and it doesn't faze to raise a frown on my lips.
I think about it as it takes me a moment to think of an answer but then, I realize I don't have to think much about it, am I okay? No.

But that is not what I am going to say to my boss.
I compose myself and nod my head before answering. "Yes sir, I am perfectly fine."

Bringing his hands together and clasping them in front of him.
He looks at me directly in the eye and asks again. "Well then Samantha, do explain then why you aren't attending to your duties like you are supposed to be doing if you claim you are perfectly okay."

I look at him and I am left with no explanation not because I don't have any but because I am feeling all these types of feelings that keep wanting to isolate me from people.

The first ones at the very top of my family— more specifically my sister then him, the person standing one feet away.

"Samantha? What is taking your mind in all seriousness?" I blink as I realize I zoned out and look at Kai taking in his question.

"Talk to me?" He presses and I just stare at him thinking about a million reasons why I shouldn't but he seems to not want to let it go that easily.

"Samantha, apart from being your boss here. Do you remember you pressed me to be your friend at our very first meeting? well, I have taken you as mine so please tell me what is crowding your mind?" Still, he receives no reply from my side.

"Is my work becoming overbearing? Are things not going well at school? Are you facing a bullying situation?" The last question has me scoffing and rolling my eyes at the same time.
Why does everyone seem to think that the only problem I could be having is of being bullied as if I have an announcement at my forehead for being a nerd in search of a bully.

God, I have much more pressing and serious issues than those bullies everyone keeps asking me about.

I look at Kai and roll my eyes the second time before I turn and walk to lean my lower body on his office table facing my side at him.

"It's not about a bully Kai, it's..." I pause as I tilt my head to look at him not believing I am doing this.
But the desire and attentiveness I find in his eyes kick my doubt to the side of not talking to him because now I realize the truth to his words of him being my friend here.

He would not have given me the job if he didn't see me as his friend, now I know why.

And if not him then whom am I going to talk to? I can't go to Leila to issues regarding his brother nor can I talk to Lucas himself. And these two are the only souls I know here including Kai which leaves him as my safest person here.

I look at him and bite my lips wondering where I will be starting from. "Uhm yesterday when I left your suite."

"Wait." He says to stop me from talking any further and a frown comes on my face.