TRENTON KAI ROYAL

'One must not only put their trust in fate but always be prepared for it as well.'

Waking up feels so much lighter and easier than it was while going to sleep, I feel grateful for the morning because the night was much worse and so dragging not ending at all. I feel something on my forehead and when I reach for it I realize it's a cold towel on my forehead.

I put it away but I know it's Samantha who put it there last night and the thought of her fully wakes my body.
I lay back on my back and sigh suddenly thinking of her.

My God. Yesterday, I just think about it and I just let out a defeated sigh. Of all the times that I had to get sick, why did it have to happen to be yesterday?

I pull my phone and purse my lips when I reach for it to text her and realize I don't have what to text her, texting a thank you to her on the phone would do but again I don't think it would be appropriate or mean anything to everything she did for me so the best I could do is thank her in person too.

Yesterday she showed me another side of her that I never would have imagined a girl like her to have but her, she is quickly run out of my notebook of perception since we met.

I am about to get out of bed to go get a shower and get to work but I think I just got an idea of what to start by texting Samantha.

Yesterday she drove me here so I could just text her requesting a ride and just hope she came through for me.

I write a message up then hit send.

Kai: Good morning Samantha.
Thank you for yesterday.
May I count a ride to work from you?

I know it's still so early but I am hoping if she wakes up she gets to read it and reply.
I would be much more mortified if she were to see it and ignore me or worse, see it so late that she would just laugh it off on how I am making her my personal driver now.

I know I am being ridiculous but whoever would say that it's because they haven't met Samantha Adams.
I am a twenty-seven man but the teen girl is something else I have never met in my whole life. She outgoes all my perceptions.

I wake up from the bed and sigh heading to the bathroom because I don't want to be late if she is going to come and pick me up.

I get ready and be done by almost six thirty and I am heading out of my suite to the lobby when I receive a text message from her.

Samantha: Yes, I will give you a ride, I will be there in twenty minutes.

I text back when I get her message.
Kai: I will be waiting down in the lobby.

I am glad she is coming to pick me up because now I can thank her freely, I don't have to do it over the phone.
I walk down to the lobby and then to the restaurant and order two coffees that comes with bagels as I wait for her.

She doesn't disappoint nor make me wait for her for a lot of time, in just twenty with some add-on minutes I am working out of the hotel.

I see her white Range Rover and walk to her and get in the passenger seat.

"Good morning, how are you feeling?" She beats me up and greets me first.

"Good morning Samantha," I say to her before I reach for the other cup of coffee that I bought and hand it to her with the bagels. "I am doing quite alright thanks to you."

She takes the cup of coffee and takes a sip before putting it down in the cup holder of her car. She takes the bagels and looks at them and then at me. I shrug at her. "A little piece of gratitude."