SAMANTHA LILY ADAMS

My happiness is rarely with them, and theirs seems to not excite me anymore as much as His does in my life.

Finally, 16th/ December, is here.

Friday morning I am surprised to head to the office to only find a surprise party being thrown for Kai, never in a million years did I consider him being born in December, that he is a Sagittarius but fine, I will take it.

Today, I entered the embassy and I am not going to lie, I was taken aback but what was there? The first floor of the reception was decorated with a happy 27th post on the wall, the room was full of gold and blue balloons and a lot more other decorations.

The workers of the embassy started singing Kai a happy birthday song as soon as he entered, Sarah and other people I see around here every day walk up to him with a cake in Sarah's hands that is lit by a candle.

It was...well annoying.
I watch as they wait for it to stop lightening before they also stop singing.

They cheer and all clap happily for him. I walk to Leila among people standing at the end of the room cheering at Kai and stand by her side.

"Leila you knew of this and you didn't tell me?" She looks at me and furrows her brows.

"Knew of what?"

I roll my eyes. "I mean that today Kai was being thrown a birthday party?"

She is so busy cheering with the rest of the crowd that she rarely even looks at me. "Leila?" I cry out her name and she turns to me. "I mean yeah, I knew today was his birthday but I didn't know there was a party being thrown but I have news." She says smirking at me. "All this baby, is all under someone's wallet."

I roll my eyes because it's something even a kid would figure out because it's not like they picked all these decors somewhere on the street, someone was going to spend some money while buying them.

She looks at me and pokes her left shoulder on my right shoulder. "What?" I ask walking a little away from her.

"I mean don't you want to know the person who you are in a little competition with your man?" I quirk my eyebrows in confusion.

"Do I have to know? Because I am in no competition with nobody. Kai is mine and someone better not be messing with my day before it even starts." She cheers and claps her hands loudly earning us a little attention that wasn't necessary.
I am already in a mood realizing someone had the nerve of doing a birthday party for my man without even including me, who does that?

But at least it brings Kai's eyes to me and it instantly reminds me of what he and I did yesterday.

A rush of blood goes up to my cheeks because I am not over it.
I have been thinking about it a lot and every time it does nothing but make me feel like a bad girl, a naughtier one at that.

I lower my head but not before catching a smile that was forming on his face. It's like he is amused like he knows what I was thinking.

"Girl, I am trying to gossip here in case you haven't noticed," Leila says beside me and I turn to give her the attention she is calling for.
"Who is it?"

She smirks quite happily that now she piqued my interest. "Sarah." I widen my eyes in pure surprise because damn it, I am somehow surprised and not surprised again when she says the name.

"No way." She nods happily.

"She did all of this ALONE not even taking a cent from anyone else to help her, I mean talk about possessiveness insanely obsession because I don't think I can even call this love." I nod in agreement with her. It also make no sense to me, yes people don't know we are dating but come on.
A man like that can't really be single now, can he?