SAMANTHA LILY ADAMS

'Being foreign to ourselves, gets us to spend days waiting for the evening, in order to learn about ourselves and to have a taste of enjoyment.'

"I can't believe you guys didn't think about calling me," I share a look with Savannah and we both turn to the side, sealing our lips tight.

I turn to look at my mother as she paces in the living room worriedly.
I turn to look at Sav, she looks fine and cool in pretending that our mom is not here and I try to imitate the same vibe as her but it's killing me.

when we were walking home a few hours ago. We teamed up on playing hard to deal with to our mom because of what she did to us.

Her phone rings pulling our attention to it and she purses her lips before answering it.

"Hello," she stops pacing and poses her right arm to her waist while the other holds the phone to her ear.

"No, he is not here yet. I am starting to get a bad feeling about this Barney."
She starts pacing again as she listens to what our father is telling her on the other end of the line.

She stops moving again. "No, how can I be okay? It's all my fault." She breaks down and cries. At this point, I can't keep being sad at her because she looks vulnerable and so sad.

Savannah beats me to it to get to our mom. She reaches her before me and she takes our mother in a hug. I kneel beside them, rubbing my hand at the back of our mother. And somewhere on the ground comes a voice and I realize it's our father who is still on the call.

"Dad?" I reach for the phone that Mom threw on the floor and pull it on my ear.

"Lily Samantha, is that you?" I nod my head.

"Yes, when are you getting here dad?"

"I am on my way. Tell me when was the last time, you heard from your brother?" I try to think about that and suddenly I remember.

"Dad, I think I know. He bypassed me when we were waiting for Mom and when he realized she was not there. He offered me to come home with his friend, I don't know anything about that friend so I refused. I guess he is with that guy maybe at his house." I finish the sentence at the same time the front door opens and Yarrow comes in.

Mom rushes to her feet and walks quickly to Yarrow to hug him. "Dad, I gotta go but Yarrow is here." I hang up the phone and I get on my feet too. Mom pulls away from him and starts slapping him.

"Where were you? How do you leave without notifying us? Do you have an idea of how worried we were, Yarrow Simmons do you remember that we are living in a foreign country? We don't even speak the same language with the people here? How can you be that irresponsible?"
We all stand there looking at Mom as she lets her frustration out.

Yarrow turns to look at me and we rock eyes together for seconds. We pull away when there is a sound of a door opening.

Our father enters and he walks to our mother and takes her in his arms, passing me and Savannah a nod which we return to him.

"Ivy, are you alright? You had me worried?"
We three share a look of mischief among ourselves.
The love between our parents, it's something we don't get ever since we were old enough to realize it.

Mom pulls away wiping her tears away and looks at us.
"I am Sorry Guys. I know it is my fault and taking it out on you. It's not beneficial for any of you but next time I promise I won't forget and seriously I don't know how it slipped away from my mind."
Dad pulls her again in his arms as she keeps apologizing to us.

Time goes by as we stand there watching Dad calm down our mother.
"You guys go to your rooms. I will order food for you. I am taking your mom out for some fresh air," We nod our heads. He pulls her away from his chest, holds her by keeping his arm on her shoulder and leads her out.