Kindred Spirits

Kindred Spirits

" a person who has the same feelings, opinions, and interests as you."

There will be many jumps between locations. The POV will switch in between spots.

---------------------------------------

It was the tenth meeting since Jack had become a Guardian. The wind held him high in the clouds as he debated going into the Pole. It had been weeks since he had seen any of the Guardians as they were all still busy getting everything back settled and he didn't want to get in the way. What if they had changed their minds? What if they remembered he was the one that fucked up Easter by not being there?

He knew his mind was creating questions that only made him become more and more worried. He knew the Yetis probably sensed the weather change before North did since they were more intune with the Season. He knew his mood was creating a bigger snowstorm than it was supposed to be.

Jack Frost was a loner. An outcast no one wanted around. He was the only one of his kind, only one Winter spirit existed.

He felt sick trying to get closer to the Pole. The Guardians would never understand his instincts. They would never understand the way he felt being the only Winter spirit in the world. The wind was pushing him towards the Pole, encouraging him to take the next step but he just...couldn't.

"Take me home." He felt the wind embrace him before it took him back to the lake. He couldn't do it today. His mind was too loud to be around anyone.

He just wanted to be alone.

-----------------------------

Two Hours Later

"Bunny, you have to go find Jack. What if he's in trouble? What if Pitch has come back for him? What if-'' Aster blocked Tooth's voice as he focused on the egg in his hand. He didn't care for these meetings. He was having what Sandy called "a bad day". The little man was the only one who knew the struggle Bunny went through everyday mentally.

There were some days where he realized the differences between him and the Guardians. Tooth had wings and feathers, but she was once human. Sandy was covered in sand and could manipulate it as he saw fit, but he looked human. Bunny was a giant rabbit from a different place.

He was an outcast in the Guardians. A loner by the nature created around him. He was the only one of his kind, only one Pooka remained alive.

Bunny looked up as North came into the room. The man had secretly been searching around the Pole for the boy while coming up with the excuse that he was doing last minute checks on toy production. He watched the joy old fool feed into Tooth's worries, even bringing Sandy into the fold.

He felt sick watching them sometimes. They had more things in common than he did. They didn't understand instincts. They didn't understand how lonely it was to go from a tribe to the only one left in a big Warren with just eggs and egg golems made by his own magic.

"Bunny! Are you listening to me?" He looked up to find Tooth standing in front of him with her hands on her hips, a glare he hadn't seen in a long time. He looked behind her to see North shaking his head yes like he was already agreeing with whatever she was about to say. He looked to find Sandy giving him a sympathetic look. The little man knew what he was thinking.

"What do you want? I'm here, aren't I?" The snappy tone never went well with Tooth. He watched her feathers ruffle before she pointed in his face.

"You need to go find Jack. Something is wrong. I can feel it." He rolled his eyes, she sounded like North. He didn't even try to argue back as he stood up to leave. The doors were already opened from North's arrival so he took the long way out. He needed time to get his senses ready to look.