𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 4: 𝕱𝖆𝖈𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖀𝖓𝖈𝖊𝖗𝖙𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖞

Chaos erupted in the kingdom when word spread of King Kiyoshi's demand - he would take a Niamedan bride, or war would follow. Mothers hurried their daughters indoors while fathers arranged hasty marriages, desperate to protect their families. Newspapers blazed with stories of the impending doom, painting a grim picture of the future for Niameda. The people, already weary from years of strife, grew frightened and uneasy.

Tanisi rushed through the estate's halls, waving a newspaper above her head. "Sisters!" she shouted, bursting into the living room.

Asha and Adanna leaped up from the sofa, anxious for news. "What is it?"

"King Kiyoshi is demanding a wife!" Tanisi shouted breathlessly.

Asha grabbed the newspaper from Tanisi's hands and scanned the headline, "It says His Majesty will reward any family who provides a bride." She glanced up at her sisters, her eyes wide with fear and determination.

"In our small kingdom, it will be difficult finding someone willing," Ife pointed out, frowning. "King Kiyoshi has made it clear that he wants a docile bride. Any family who dares send their daughter to him will be risking her safety and honor."

Kazi scowled. "Especially since he is a vampire! What sane woman would agree to that?"

Asha read further. "It says he wants a duke or councilman's daughter but will consider any woman of marriageable age."

Tanisi's eyes went wide. "Does that include us? Our father is a duke!" The sisters exchanged uneasy looks. "We're doomed!" Tanisi wailed. "One of us could be taken!"

"Calm yourself," Nia said evenly. "The chances are slim they will choose us."

She rose, setting her embroidery aside. "Even if they did, Father would insist I be the one to marry. And we all know how that tends to go." She said before she excused herself out of the room, taking the newspaper with her.

The girls watched her leave, their minds racing with worry and fear. Tanisi sank back onto the sofa, her eyes filling with tears. "What if they take her?" she whispered, her voice shaking. "Nia practically helped father raise us. She is so calm and kind. She does not deserve that."

Asha put a comforting hand on her sister's shoulder. "We will protect her, Tanisi. We will make sure nothing happens to her." She glanced at Adanna, who nodded in agreement. Perhaps Nia was right - they were likely worrying about nothing. Still, the thought of one of them being taken from them was unbearable.

𝕺𝖚𝖙𝖘𝖎𝖉𝖊, 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖉𝖔𝖒 𝖍𝖊𝖑𝖉 𝖎𝖙𝖘 𝖇𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖍, 𝖉𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖜𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖞𝖘 𝖆𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖉 𝖒𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖇𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖌.

The dukes, barons, and councilmen gathered in the great hall; their faces grim as they discussed the dire news. Duke Nari's heartfelt heavy in his chest as he listened to the murmurs of worry and fear.

"I refuse to sacrifice my daughter to that tyrant!" one baron protested angrily. "Our people have suffered enough." His voice was filled with outrage, and several others nodded in agreement. Duke Nari sat silently; his heart heavy with worry. He knew that the stakes were high, and the decision they made today could change the course of their kingdom's history.

Another duke cried, "You expect me to hand my child over to a monster?" His voice was filled with disbelief and horror. The other men around the table nodded in agreement, their expressions grim. Duke Nari felt a weight settle heavily in his chest as he listened to their concerns. He knew that each of their daughters was precious to them, and he shared their fears.

"Silence!" King Madoc's voice boomed through the great hall, and all conversations came to an abrupt halt. The king rose from his throne, his expression stern. "We must find a solution, for all our sakes." He paused, his gaze sweeping over the assembled nobles. "I understand your fears, and I share them. But we cannot allow emotion to cloud our judgment." He took a deep breath, trying to steady his own nerves.