𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 33: 𝕸𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕭𝖔𝖓𝖉𝖘

As Kiyoshi rode back to Ivamis, a sense of determination settled over him. He knew that his journey to the elven kingdom was fraught with danger, but he was prepared to face whatever challenges lay ahead. He would not rest until he found his kingdom's children. Reaching the city gates, he was met with cheers and relief. The guards, initially alarmed by his absence, were relieved to see their king return unharmed.

Even the streets seemed to vibrate with the news of his return. As he dismounted and strode towards the castle, a familiar figure on the balcony caught his eye. Nia, her face etched with worry, leaned over the railing, her hands gripping the stone as she watched him approach the castle. He quickened his pace, anxious to reach her and reassure her that he was safe.

The cheers and relief of the gathered guards and servants echoed in the air as Kiyoshi reached the castle steps. "Your Majesty! You are back!" they exclaimed, joy filling their eyes. But Kiyoshi's gaze remained fixed on Nia, who descended the steps, her expression hardening with each step.

As they met, Nia's eyes sarched his face, "Nia," he began, his voice soft, "I..." But she cut him off, her tone cold.

"Don't even begin, Kiyoshi! Where have you been? Why did you leave without a word? Do you know how worried I was?"

Her anger and fear were palpable, and Kiyoshi winced beneath her gaze. He opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out. He had never seen Nia like this, and the guilt of leaving her behind weighed heavily on his shoulders. "I... I had to go," he stammered, searching for the right words.

"Had to go?" Nia repeated, her voice dripping with disbelief. "You did not even tell me where you were going, or why! You just left, without a care for how it would affect me!" Her hands bawled into fists at her sides, and her eyes flashed with anger and hurt.

"Nia, please, it's not what you think. It is about the children, the council..." Kiyoshi began, but she cut him off again.

"The council?" she scoffed, her anger rising. "And you did not tell me about this? You did not think I deserved to know?" Her eyes filled with tears, and Kiyoshi could see the pain in her face. "You are my husband, Kiyoshi. My partner. And you just left me in the dark, with no explanation? How could you do this to me?"

She turned away from him, her shoulders shaking with silent sobs. The guards and servants, who had been watching the exchange in shock, shifted uncomfortably, not knowing what to do. Kiyoshi felt a pang of guilt deep in his chest. He had never meant to hurt Nia, but he had done exactly that. He had to make things right.

"Nia," he said softly, reaching out to touch her shoulder. She flinched away from his touch, "Don't," she whispered, her voice thick with emotion. "Not until you are ready to trust me." Her words were like a knife to his heart, but he knew she was right. She walked back into the castle, leaving Kiyoshi standing alone on the steps.

He took a deep breath, gathering his thoughts as he watched her retreating form. He knew he found it difficult to trust people, and that was why he had wanted to keep her out of the loop. But he had underestimated the damage it would do to their relationship.

Kiyoshi knocked softly on the chamber doors, his heart heavy with guilt and anticipation

Kiyoshi knocked softly on the chamber doors, his heart heavy with guilt and anticipation. "Nia, my love," he called out gently, "may I come in?"

Nia sat by the window, her needle diligently stitching intricate patterns onto a silk cloth. Her heart still ached from the pain Kiyoshi had caused her, but she could not deny that she wanted to hear his explanation. "Come in," she replied, her voice strained.

The door creaked open, revealing Kiyoshi, his expression filled with remorse and determination. Nia rose, her hand instinctively reaching for the embroidery hoop. She wanted to turn away, to hide the storm brewing within her, but Kiyoshi was already crossing the room, his hand outstretched.

"Nia," he murmured, his touch gentle but firm on her arm. He pulled her towards him, his eyes pleading for understanding.

She met his gaze, her defenses crumbling. "What do you want, Kiyoshi?"

He sighed; the sound heavy with regret. "I came to apologize. I shouldn't have left without telling you. I know it hurt you, and I am truly sorry."

Nia's anger simmered, but she held it in. "Apologies do not bring back lost trust, Kiyoshi. You left me in the dark." Her voice was steady, but he could see the pain in her eyes.

He squeezed her hand, his voice laced with pain. "You know I wouldn't willingly leave you vulnerable, Nia. But I... I struggle with trust. It is a burden I carry, a fear that whispers in my ear."

Hesitantly, he pulled out the crumpled letter from his cloak. "This is why I went. An anonymous message, urging me to meet someone in the outskirts of the kingdom. Nia took the letter, her eyes scanning the cryptic words. "And what did they tell you?"

He hesitated, then spoke, his voice low. "They said there's a traitor among us, someone close to the council. They also said I need to seek the King of the Arcane."

Nia's breath caught in her throat. "The Arcane King? That is... a dangerous path to take, Kiyoshi. Legends say he deals in forbidden magic."

He nodded; his expression grim. "I know. But if there's a chance to find the children, to expose the truth... I must take it."

He looked at her, his eyes pleading. "Nia, I understand if you are angry. But please, believe me, I never meant to..."

He stopped, pulling a small velvet box from his pocket. "I brought you this," he said, offering it to her.

Nia opened the box, her eyes widening in surprise. It wasn't a necklace or earrings, as she expected, but a beautifully crafted compass, its needle glinting in the moonlight.

She looked up at him, a playful smile gracing her lips. "Are you trying to bribe me, Your Majesty?"

Kiyoshi chuckled, "Perhaps," he admitted with a grin. "But I also want you to know that I trust you, Nia. You are the only one who has my back, and I need you by my side on this journey. I promise to be more open with you from now on. I'll keep you in the loop, and together, we'll find the children."

Nia studied the compass in her hand, feeling a strange mix of emotions. Part of her was still hurt and angry, but there was also a spark of hope. Kiyoshi had made a mistake, but he was trying to make things right. And he had given her something precious, a symbol of their bond.

She leaned in, her lips brushing against his cheek, and whispered, "I missed you, Kiyoshi," she whispered, her voice thick with emotion. "I am just glad you are home, safe and sound."

He pulled away, his gaze searching hers. There was so much he wanted to say, so much he needed to express. But words seemed inadequate. Instead, he cupped her face in his hands, leaning in to brush his lips against hers. The touch was gentle, tender, and filled with a yearning that went beyond the physical. As they kissed, the world around them seemed to fade away, replaced by a sense of warmth and intimacy that threatened to consume them both. Nia wrapped her arms around his waist, feeling the strength and resilience of his body against hers.

"There's something I need to ask you." Nia murmured against his lips, pulling back to look into his eyes. Kiyoshi's heart skipped a beat.

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖈𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝖘𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖔𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖇𝖑𝖞 𝖜𝖆𝖓𝖙 𝖙𝖔 𝖐𝖓𝖔𝖜? 𝕳𝖊 𝖓𝖔𝖉𝖉𝖊𝖉, 𝖜𝖆𝖎𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖖𝖚𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓.