𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 10: 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖂𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝕽𝖊𝖘𝖕𝖔𝖓𝖘𝖎𝖇𝖎𝖑𝖎𝖙𝖞

Over the next few hours, Nia and the King discussed their wedding preparations and their plans for the kingdom.

"You will need to be trained in all aspects of etiquette for a queen," the King explained to Nia. "I will have my most trusted advisors instruct you in politics, law, and the arts of diplomacy. It is not enough to simply be my wife; you must be my partner in every sense." Nia nodded, feeling both honored and terrified by the responsibility he was placing upon her shoulders.

"Once we wed, you must also meet with the citizens of Ivamis. They will be expecting to welcome their new Queen." Nia took a deep breath, feeling the weight of his words. "It is important that they see you as a figure of strength and wisdom, someone they can trust and rely upon." The King nodded, a small smile playing at the corners of his lips.

"And of course, there will be a grand coronation ceremony when you arrive in Ivamis," the King continued. "It is an ancient tradition, dating back centuries. The people will expect to see you crowned and anointed as their rightful Queen." Nia swallowed, feeling the weight of responsibility settling heavily upon her shoulders. "I will do my best to prepare," she promised, her voice little more than a whisper.

"I will do my best to prepare," she promised, her voice little more than a whisper.

Nia's wedding day dawned bright and clear. The sun shone down upon the gardens of the palace, casting a warm glow over the greenery. The lavish ceremony was to be held in King Madoc's grand palace, with all of Niameda Kingdom attending to watch history be made.

In one of the palace chambers Nia stood quietly as the palace maids fussed around her, adjusting her elaborate red wedding gown. The gown was crafted from the finest silk and adorned with delicate lace, the skirt flowing out around her in a cascade of ruffles. It was the traditional wedding gown of the Ivamis people, symbolizing love, passion, and fertility.

Her hair had been styled into an elaborate updo, held in place with hundreds of tiny gold pins. The hairdresser had spent hours carefully twisting and braiding Nia's thick, curly hair, until it formed a majestic crown atop her head. The effect was breathtaking, drawing the eye to her face and accentuating her sharp features. Nia could feel the weight of the style, but it only served to remind her of the weight of responsibility she now carried as the future Queen of Ivamis.

A knock at the door announced the arrival of her sisters and father. As they entered, joy and sadness warred on their faces. Nia's heart ached at the thought of leaving them behind, but she knew it was necessary. Her sisters wore simple black dresses, as per King Kiyoshi's request.

"You look beautiful!" exclaimed Tanisi, rushing to embrace Nia tightly. Nia hugged her back, blinking back sudden tears.

"I cannot believe my little girl is to be wed," her father said thickly, dabbing at his eyes with a handkerchief.

"Oh Father, please do not upset yourself," Nia said, trying to comfort her father with a light touch on his arm. "I will be alright, I promise you." Her father's eyes shone with tears, but he managed a small nod.

Kazi spoke up boldly. "If that King ever harms you, I shall grab my sword and stab him straight through the heart!"

"Hush now, their lives will be bound as one in marriage. You cannot make such threats," said Ife. Kazi just rolled her eyes in response.

As her sisters bickered, Nia felt a swell of love for each of them. "Kazi, you will be the eldest when I am gone. Please care for others," she entreated. Kazi nodded, for once serious.

A knock at the door announced the arrival of King Madoc himself. "Your Majesty!" they all said, bowing deeply as he entered the chamber.

"Please, stand," he pleaded, motioning for them to rise. He walked towards Nia, his expression grave. "I have come to apologize. It is I who has failed you, by making you sacrifice your freedom for the kingdom." He sank to his knees before her. "Can you forgive me?"

Nia gently raised him up. "You have done nothing requiring forgiveness, Your Majesty. I am proud to serve Niameda, no matter the cost."

"You are truly selfless, my lady. Your family will be rewarded richly for your sacrifice." With one last sad smile, he departed.

Nia turned to her family, taking a deep breath to steady her nerves. "All right, everyone, it's almost time," she whispered. Her sisters surrounded her in a tight embrace, tears streaming down their faces. "You will always be my sisters, no matter what," she assured them. "And I will always be with you, in spirit." They let her go reluctantly, wiping away their tears.

Nia walked slowly down the aisle; her arm linked with her father's. The grand hall was filled with the colors of both kingdoms, their people dressed in vibrant hues of red and blue. The scent of flowers hung heavy in the air, mingling with the sweet smell of incense.

Through the corner of her eyes, she could see the nobles and their daughters watching her every move. Some looked relieved, glad it was not their fate, while others glared with barely concealed jealousy. Her sisters sat sadly as she passed by. Tanisi and Asha already had tears streaming down their cheeks. Ife, struggled to hold back her sobs. Kazi and Adanna's faces were like stone, refusing to show any emotion.

As they neared the altar, her father leaned in and whispered, "I hope with all my heart that you find happiness, my darling." Nia squeezed his arm, unable to speak around the lump in her throat.

At the altar stood King Kiyoshi. His face gave away nothing as he watched her approach. Nia kept her own face calm, refusing to show any fear or nervousness while inside her heart pounded wildly.

She could hear the cheers and shouts of the masses gathered outside the castle, their voices raised in a cacophony of excitement and joy. The air seemed to vibrate with their energy, and it was almost as if the very ground beneath her feet was thrumming with their anticipation.

This was it. The end of her life as she knew it, the beginning of a new journey, one that would lead her into the arms of a stranger. Nia took a deep breath, steeling herself against the waves of emotion that threatened to overwhelm her. Nia silently prayed to the gods for strength and wisdom. She would need every ounce of courage she possessed to face the unknown future.

With a last look at her father as she mounted the steps to stand beside her new husband. She kept her head high, shoulders back, her expression serene and regal. Inside, she trembled, but she would face her fate with dignity, no matter what came. She was determined to make her family proud.