𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 29: 𝕽𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖑𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕽𝖊𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖘

Moonlight spilled through the open window as Kiyoshi awoke first, the gentle rise and fall of Nia's breathing beside him a soothing balm to his restless soul. He cracked open an eye, a smile tugging at his lips as he watched her sleep, her afro a tangle of darkness against the crisp white sheets. He traced a finger along her jawline, feeling the softness of her skin beneath his touch, and was overcome with a sense of peace he hadn't experienced before.

"Nia," he whispered, leaning in to press a gentle kiss against her forehead.

Her eyes fluttered open, a sleepy smile mirroring his. "Good morning, love," she murmured, reaching up to run her fingers through his hair. The simple touch made his heart skip a beat. He felt so lucky to have her here, to have this chance to start over.

"Did you have pleasant dreams?" he asked, his voice still rough with sleep.

"The most pleasant," she answered, her voice still husky with sleep as she cupped his face. "Dreams of peace, and laughter, and..." she trailed off, a smile playing at the corners of her lips.

"And?" he prompted, leaning in closer as her fingers traced his jaw.

"Maybe even a certain stubborn king finally learning to surrender?" she teased, her eyes sparkling with mischief. The feel of her fingertips on his skin sent a shiver down his spine. He chuckled softly, leaning in to capture her lips with his own. The kiss deepened, their tongues dancing together as their bodies pressed closer, the sheets twisting around their legs.

"Now, who said anything about being stubborn?" he whispered between kisses. Their playful banter continued. It was a stark contrast to the tense weeks they had endured, filled with worry and sleepless nights. Today, however, felt different. As if a weight had been lifted off their shoulders. As if they could finally breathe again.

Suddenly, a knock on the door startled them. "Your Highnesses," came a muffled voice. "It is time for your preparations." The king and queen glanced at each other, their eyes brimming with amusement.

Kiyoshi cleared his throat, a chuckle escaping his lips. "Come in," he called out, the playful grin still lingering on his face.

The door creaked open, revealing two young maids, their eyes widening in surprise at the sight before them. The King and Queen, usually reserved and formal, were sharing a playful moment that left them speechless. It was a rare glimpse into their private lives, and the maids could not help but feel a sense of warmth spread through their hearts.

Nia blushed lightly, burying her face in Kiyoshi's shoulder. Kiyoshi, however, simply winked at the maids, his amusement evident. "Good morning, ladies," he said, his voice still warm. "Please continue with your duties."

The maids exchanged glances, unable to hide their surprise. This was not the formal, distant King they were used to serving. He seemed... approachable, almost friendly. They busied themselves with helping Nia out of bed. As she stood, they went to work dressing her in a simple yet elegant gown of pale blue, the colour of the summer sky. The fabric flowed over her curves, accentuating her figure without being overly revealing. Her afro was styled into a loose chignon at the nape of her neck, allowing her delicate features to be framed by soft curls. A simple yet stunning strand of pearls adorned her neck, completing her look.

Kiyoshi sat on the bed admiring Nia as she was being dressed, his eyes tracing the curves of her body, lingering on the soft skin that was just beginning to show through the fabric of her gown. She was breathtakingly beautiful, and he could not help but feel a surge of protectiveness towards her. He knew that their relationship would not be an easy one, but he was determined to make it work.

He walked towards a large wooden armoire, its intricately carved doors adorned with symbols of power and prosperity. With a gentle push, he swung one of the doors open, revealing an array of garments that would have made any tailor envious. His eyes scanned the collection of suits, shirts, and ties, each piece exquisitely crafted from the finest materials. Finally, he reached for a small black velvet box that sat atop the armoire. The box was covered with a simple silver band, its intricate design hinting at the precious contents within.