𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 11: 𝕵𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖓𝖊𝖞 𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖀𝖓𝖐𝖓𝖔𝖜𝖓

The officiant began the ceremonial words. "... With this ring, your lives shall be bound as one, from this day forth," the officiant proclaimed. He held out a ruby-encrusted ring. "Lady Nia, do you consent to be wed to King Kiyoshi, and become Queen of Ivamis?"

Nia hesitated, her heart racing. Taking a deep breath, she forced herself to steady her voice as she spoke. "I do." The words echoed through the great hall, their meaning sinking in for all to hear.

The officiant nodded and turned to the King. "And do you, King Kiyoshi, take Lady Nia as your wife and Queen, binding yourself to her in matrimony?"

Kiyoshi's gaze met Nia's. "I do," he stated firmly. Taking Nia's hand, the King slid the ring onto her finger, the ruby glinting in the sunlight. As he did so, red strings like smoke emerged from the ring, twining around their hands and binding them together. Nia's breath caught at the visible display of magic tying their fates as one.

"You may kiss the bride," proclaimed the officiant.

Nia froze, panicked. She had never been kissed before! Sensing her unease, King Kiyoshi gently tilted her chin upward. His eyes were cold, and yet she found herself trusting him despite her misgivings. His lips brushed against hers, soft and tentative at first, then with growing confidence. His kiss was not demanding or forceful, but rather a tender exploration of her mouth. It sent a shiver through her body, making her heart race and her cheeks flush with heat.

As they turned to face their kingdoms, cheers erupted, both within the hall and from the masses gathered outside. Though nervous about what was to come, Nia could not help but feel a sense of elation. She was the Queen of Ivamis, and her husband was the most powerful king in the land. The weight of their responsibilities was not lost on her, but she also knew that they would face these challenges together...hopefully.

The wedding reception was a lively affair, filled with traditional Niamedan dances and music. Nia watched as her people celebrated, their joy and excitement evident. If only she could share in their delight! But a heavy sadness sat in her heart, knowing she would soon depart her homeland forever.

Glancing over, she noticed her new husband had an unreadable expression on his stern features. Would she ever understand this man she now called her husband? Sighing softly, she turned back to the dance floor, determined to enjoy herself and make the most of this day. She spotted her father, watching her intently from a corner of the hall. He gave her a small nod, and she smiled back, feeling a surge of love and gratitude for him.

As the sun began to set, they proceeded outside for their departure. Nia hugged each of her sisters.

"Promise you will write to me often!" pleaded Tanisi, tears streaming down her face.

"I promise," Nia assured, brushing away her tears. She then turned to her other sisters, "And as for you, Adanna, Ife and Kazi, please stop bickering, do not disturb father okay." They all nodded, wiping their eyes.

Lastly, she turned to her father, hugging him tightly. "I love you, Father," she whispered, not wanting to let go. "Take care of your health," she pleaded, her voice breaking.

Her father smiled sadly, patting her back. "I will miss you, my dearest Nia," he said, his voice thick with emotion. "But know that you will always be my precious baby, and my heart will always be with you." They pulled away from each other, and Nia saw the tears streaming down her father's face. It was then that she realized the full weight of her decision, and the sacrifice she was about to make.

Nia climbed reluctantly into the carriage. As it pulled away, Nia kept her gaze fixed on her family, watching until they disappeared from sight. Slowly they passed through the bustling village, cheers and shouts ringing out from the crowds gathered to see them off. Nia forced a smile as she waved.

Alone with her new husband at last, Nia sat rigidly, unsure how to act around him. Kiyoshi, for his part, seemed content to study her, his gaze assessing and unreadable. Neither spoke as the carriage made its way through the lush countryside. Nia twisted the ring upon her finger, the physical symbol of the magical bond now linking them. She felt both a sense of security and unease at the same time.

As the journey grew longer Nia's eyes grew heavy. The events of the long day catching up with her. She rested her head against the velvet seat of the carriage. King Kiyoshi watched her silently, taking in the sight of her slumbering form. He found himself admiring her delicate features, the smoothness of her dark skin and the way her breath ghosted across her lips.

She woke sometime later to find herself covered in a thick fur blanket. Confused, she looked across the carriage to see the King watching her. "You were shivering in your sleep," he explained simply. Was that a note of gentleness in his normally cool tone?

"Th-thank you, Your Majesty," Nia managed, her cheeks flushing. In silence, they gazed at one another across the dimly lit carriage. The air between them felt charged, electric. She could feel the weight of his stare, and it sent shivers down her spine. Was it disdain? Curiosity? Something else entirely? She dared not guess.

As Nia drifted back to sleep, the carriage rolled steadily onward toward her new life. What awaited her in Ivamis she did not know, but she would face it with courage.