𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 24: 𝕭𝖗𝖎𝖉𝖌𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕯𝖎𝖛𝖎𝖉𝖊

Nia woke up early the next morning, her mind filled with conflicting emotions. She sat up, the cool sheets caressing her skin, and glanced around the dimly lit room. The bed beside her was still empty. She could feel the ache in her chest as she remembered their argument the night before. She hadn't meant to push him away, but she could not help but feel frustrated by his stubbornness. Determined to bridge the gap between them, she formulated a plan.

There was a knock on the door before it slowly swung open. Nia turned her head as the servant girls arrived to help her prepare for the day. They had been summoned by Kiyoshi to tend to her needs, but she had other plans.

"Good morning, Your Majesty," said Qadira. "I trust you slept well?"

"Yes, thank you," Nia replied, her voice steady despite her racing thoughts. "Please go prepare the kitchen. I wish to make breakfast for the king myself today."

The girls shared confounded looks as they exchanged glances, clearly not expecting this change in routine. "But Your Majesty," one objected. "Allow us, it is our duty."

Nia smiled gently. "I insist. It would mean a great deal to me." The servant girls exchanged glances once more, clearly unsure whether to object further. At last, they nodded in agreement and left the chambers, murmuring to one another as they retreated down the hall.

Alone, Nia got out of bed and dressed, her movements efficient and graceful. She chose a simple yet elegant robe of pale blue, the fabric soft and flowing against her skin. With steady hands, she wove her thick, dark hair into a bun atop her head, securing it with a silver clip. The act of styling her hair brought her a sense of calm and control, a small reprieve from the turmoil within her.

As she stepped out of her chambers, Nia's heart raced with anticipation. She walked towards the kitchen, her movements graceful and purposeful. The servants, who had been watching her from a discreet distance, exchanged curious glances. It was clear that they had never seen a queen who took such an interest in preparing food for her king.

Upon arrival, several cooks and maids jumped up to assist. Nia held up a standing hand. "Please, allow me. I wish to do this myself." They hesitated, then reluctantly sat back down, watching her with curiosity. She grabbed an apron and tied it around her waist, feeling a small sense of accomplishment.

 She grabbed an apron and tied it around her waist, feeling a small sense of accomplishment

As she began to prepare breakfast, Nia hummed a gentle melody, lost in her thoughts. She mixed the flour and eggs, carefully folding them together. Her movements were practiced and efficient, yet there was an air of tenderness to them as well. It was as if she were creating something more than just food; she was pouring her heart and soul into each dish.

The kitchen filled with the aroma of freshly baked bread. The servants, who had been hesitant at first, began to relax into their tasks, finding solace in the simple act of cooking and eating together. They watched her with renewed interest, admiring her skill and determination.

"Your Majesty...what are you making?" asked Qadira, her curiosity getting the better of her. Nia glanced up from her work, her hands still covered in flour. "It is a dish from my homeland," she replied, her voice tinged with nostalgia. "It is called 'flaky pastries with honey and nuts'. My mother used to make it for me when I was a child. I miss her dearly." The other servants exchanged glances, sensing the depth of emotion behind her words. They fell silent, giving Nia the space she needed to finish her cooking.

When finished, Nia removed her apron and arranged the food neatly on a tray. Ignoring the continued pleas to let someone else carry it, she picked it up and made her way to the door. With no choice but to comply, two maids followed behind her, struggling to keep up. The corridors of the castle were empty as they made their way to Kiyoshi's study.

Balancing the tray in one hand, she knocked firmly on the study door. "Enter," came the curt reply.

Nia let herself in, the maids lingering anxiously in the hallway as she approached Kiyoshi where he sat at his desk. "I have brought you breakfast, Your Majesty," she announced, setting the tray down gently on the table. "It is a dish from my homeland. I hope you enjoy it."

He looked up, surprise flashing briefly across his face before his expression closed off once more. "What is the meaning of this?" he asked coolly.

"𝕴 𝖜𝖎𝖘𝖍𝖊𝖉 𝖙𝖔 𝖉𝖔 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖓𝖎𝖈𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖒𝖞 𝖍𝖚𝖘𝖇𝖆𝖓𝖉," 𝕹𝖎𝖆 𝖗𝖊𝖕𝖑𝖎𝖊𝖉...