𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 32: 𝕴𝖓𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕾𝖍𝖆𝖉𝖔𝖜𝖘

Days passed, each one filled with tension and fear as the hunt for the culprits behind the brutal attacks continued. Kiyoshi was in his study. His brow furrowed, frustration etched into his features as he pored over reports and maps, trying to discern any patterns or leads. Weeks had passed since the children vanished, and despite tireless investigation, they remained missing. Each dead end was a fresh blow to his hopes and to the alliance between Ivamis and Niameda.

Suddenly, a gust of wind howled through the open window, sending papers fluttering to the floor and extinguishing a candle. Startled, Kiyoshi looked up to see a small parchment lying on the desk, seemingly teleported from thin air. It was sealed with an unfamiliar crest, and the edges were singed, as if it had been carried by the wind for some time. His curiosity piqued, he broke the seal and unfolded the parchment, revealing a chilling message:

"Shadows whisper where truth hides. Meet before dawn at the Whispering Glade. Silence your guard, come alone."

His heart pounded in his chest. Could this be... a lead? A message from the kidnappers? The message sent chills down his spine. Whispering Glade was a desolate forest in Ivamis known for its eerie silence and strange, unnatural whispers. He had never heard of anyone surviving a night in the glade alone. But if this was a chance to find the children, he could not ignore it.

He glanced at the clock on his mantle. It was already well past midnight. If he was going to meet the mysterious sender, he had to leave immediately. His guards would be changing shifts soon. Transforming into his bat form, he swooped down from the window, wings beating softly against the night air. The cool breeze caressed his fur as he soared over the palace grounds, toward the stable where his trusty horse was kept.

Landing silently in the stable, he shifted back into his human form and saddled his horse. The familiar warmth of the animal's muscles and the smell of hay and leather surrounded him as he mounted. With a soft whine, his horse galloped off into the night, following the ancient paths that wound through the forest.

As dawn approached, Kiyoshi dismounted his horse and led it into the Whispering Glade. The trees loomed above him, their branches twisted like claws, casting eerie shadows across the ground. The silence was palpable, broken only by the occasional whisper of leaves and the distant hoot of an owl. He drew his sword, feeling the familiar weight of the blade in his hand, ready for whatever lay ahead.

Suddenly, a figure emerged from the shadows. Tall and cloaked, their features obscured by the hood. They gestured for Kiyoshi to approach. With a deep breath, Kiyoshi cautiously made his way forward. "King Kiyoshi," the figure's voice whispered, barely audible above the wind. "You dared to venture into the night's whispers."

"Who are you, and what do you want?" Kiyoshi demanded, his heart racing.

The figure chuckled darkly, their voice eerily calm despite the wind. "Consider me a shadow, Your Majesty, The one who knows more than whispers." They took a step closer, and for a moment, a glint of silver caught Kiyoshi's eye. "I have information about your missing children. Information that could help you find them. But I will only reveal it to you... alone."

"Speak then, shadow. What knowledge do you offer?" Kiyoshi asked, his voice tight with anticipation. The figure's hooded head dipped in a slight nod.

The figure leaned closer, their voice barely above a whisper. "The children, they are not pawns in a simple abduction. It is a game, your Majesty, and the players are closer than you think." Kiyoshi's heart sank. "The one who took them is not working alone. They have allies, powerful allies who are pulling strings from the shadows."

Kiyoshi's breath hitched. "Closer? You mean..."

"I do not know who, but whoever it is, they are playing a dangerous game," the figure explained.

"How can I believe you?" Kiyoshi asked, his voice calm despite his inner turmoil. "You could be a part of this yourself." The figure remained silent for a moment, their cloak blowing in the wind.

The figure gestured towards the rising sun. "Seek the light within the shadows, your Majesty. The King of the Arcane holds the key. He will guide you, but beware... truth often comes at a heavy price."

Before Kiyoshi could ask further, the figure melted back into the shadows, disappearing within the whispering glade. He stood alone, the silence pressing down upon him like a leaden weight. The words of the shadow danced through his mind, taunting him with their cryptic meanings. The King of the Arcane... king of the elves. There was only one person that could fit that description: Thalasar, the ageless ruler of the hidden realm.

Kiyoshi's heart raced with anticipation and fear. To seek the truth, he would have to travel to the elven kingdom, deep within the heart of the enchanted forest. It was a journey fraught with danger, for the elves were known for their suspicion of outsiders and their fierce protection of their realm. Still, he could not ignore the words of the shadow, nor the possibility that his children were in danger.

With a heavy heart, Kiyoshi made his way back to Ivamis Palace. His thoughts were consumed by the shadow's cryptic words and the ominous task that lay ahead. He would need to convince Thalasar, the elven king, to share whatever information he possessed. It would not be an easy task, but it was one that he must attempt if he was to save his kingdom's children.

Meanwhile, in the castle chambers, Nia stirred awake, her heart racing. She sat up, the bed beside her was cold, untouched. Panic gripped her as she realized Kiyoshi was gone. No note, no explanation, nothing. She leapt out of bed, searching the room frantically, her heart pounding in her ears. She threw open the door and called for maidservant Qadira.

"Where is the King?" Nia demanded, her voice shaking with fear and anger. "Qadira, you must know something!"

The maidservant, taken aback by Nia's outburst, stammered, "Did... Did he not return from his study last night, Your Highness?"

"No, he did not!" Nia snapped, her eyes darting around the room in frustration. "He is gone, Qadira. Gone, and I do not know where he is gone!"

A cold dread settled in her chest. "Have the guards searched for him?" she demanded, her voice tight with worry.

"No, Your Majesty," the maid replied, fear mirroring Nia's own. "But I shall summon them at once!"

Nia paced the room, her mind racing with possibilities, each more terrifying than the last. She glanced out the window, the morning moonlight casting a cold, unearthly glow over the courtyard. Princess Serena, alerted by the commotion, rushed into the chamber, her face pale with fear.

Nia clung to her sister-in-law; her voice choked with emotion. "Kiyoshi... he is gone." She shook her head, trying to deny the truth. "Something terrible must have happened. We must find him."

The two princesses waited in tense silence as the guards searched the palace and the grounds, but there was no sign of King Kiyoshi.

𝕬𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖊 𝖔𝖓, 𝕹𝖎𝖆 𝖕𝖆𝖈𝖊𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖍𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖘, 𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉 𝖗𝖆𝖈𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖔𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖘.