25

"Are you sure about this?" Jungkook said, concern lacing his voice as he glanced at Taehyung.

"Attempted murder is a serious crime, Jungkook," he reminded him.

Jungkook sighed and looked down.

Mrs. Park confessed everything and got arrested by police.

Mr. Kim, observing the conversation, moved away and quickly dialed Jeon. "Where are you?" he asked urgently.

"On the way to the hospital," Jeon responded. "How is Jimin?"

"He's alright, but Yoona got arrested," Mr. Kim informed him.

"What? Why?" Jeon's voice betrayed his shock.

"She's the one who added sleeping pills to Taehyung's coffee," Mr. Kim explained.

"My goodness," Jeon muttered.

"We need to get her out as soon as possible. If she says something foolish, we're all in danger. You'll go see our advocate immediately."

"Okay, I'll call you back," Jeon said before ending the call.

**********

Yoona found herself in an unfamiliar place, bewildered after being dropped off by the police. It didn't resemble a typical station. Terrified and exhausted, her thoughts were consumed by Jimin, her heart heavy with sorrow.

"Hello, Mrs. Yoona... How are you?" a man sat across from her.

"Who are you?" she asked, confusion evident in her voice.

"Answer my question, ma'am. How are you?" he repeated calmly.

"Please... I want to see my son... Please..." she pleaded.

"That's why you tried to harm him," the man smiled, removing his rider mask.

"Hoseok?" Mrs. Park whispered in shock.

"It's me," he confirmed, taking a seat. "So, ma'am, we have questions. For each one, you must provide correct answers. Otherwise..." He gestured toward a screen.

Mrs. Park's eyes widened as she saw Jimin on the screen.

"If you lie, this device will detect it," Hoseok explained, connecting wires to her. "If detected, we'll remove the oxygen mask from Jimin's face."

"No," she cried.

"Then answer truthfully," Hoseok insisted. "I will," she nodded.

Hoseok glanced at Namjoon, who nodded back, signaling the start.

"First question," Hoseok began...is Mr. Jeon is the father of Jin and Jungkook?

Yes... She said...

Are you sure? Hoseok asked again...

"Yes," she said, looking down. Suddenly, she heard a breathtaking sound as a nurse removed the mask from Jimin. "No," Mrs. Park cried, "My son... Please, no..." Hoseok, please... Don't do that... Not Jeon... His younger brother is the father of Jin and Jungkook... Jeon's wife had an affair with his brother... Jeon can't be a father, so he lied that they're his children. His wife was cheating on him with his younger brother... Both are Jeon's younger brother's children... Please, don't do anything to my son... Please," she begged

"Where is his younger brother?" Hoseok asked.

"I don't know," she replied. "I'm telling the truth. last time I saw him was at Jeon's wife's funeral."

"Everyone knows that Jeon's younger brother had an affair with his wife, so why do you all blame my father?"

"Not me... Not me... I don't know anything," she cried.

"Hmm..." Hoseok took a deep breath. "Who is Black?" he asked.

"What?" she looked at him.

"Who is Black?" he repeated.

"Black..." she whispered. "How do you know her?" she asked.

"Her?" Hoseok's eyes narrowed, and Namjoon also frowned. Overhearing this through the phone, Taehyung stood up from his chair.

"I was asking about the bike rider named Black," Hoseok clarified. "Is that a woman?"

"Yes... My... My... step-sister," she looked down. Hoseok glanced at Namjoon and then walked out of the room.

"Taehyung, come to the warehouse," Namjoon said over the phone.

Taehyung walked to Jungkook and Yoongi. "I'm going home. I'll be back soon," he said to them before leaving.

Mr. Kim noticed Taehyung leaving and approached Jungkook and Yoongi. "Where has he gone?"

"Home," Jungkook replied.

"Why?"

"I don't know," Jungkook said.

Mr. Kim let out a deep sigh as he took a seat opposite them. His gaze lingered on Jungkook, his eyes fixating on the boy's lips and neck. He noticed the subtle flush of red on Jungkook's lips, causing his eyes to narrow slightly. Then his attention shifted to Yoongi, who was sitting behind Jungkook, clutching onto his shirt. The younger boy seemed small and fragile, tears silently streaming down his face. Mr. Kim's sharp eyes scrutinized both of them, observing their every move. As he contemplated his next move, a smirk tugged at his lips. "My dinner," he thought to himself, a sense of anticipation growing within him.