39

"Sorry, sir... We're trying our best, but..." The policeman hung his head down.

"Out," Namjoon growled as he walked downstairs. "Did they find Kooki? Did they take him home?" Jin ran towards Joon.

"He'll come soon, Jin," Joon said slowly and walked out.

"Just one spoon is enough," Hoseok said as he made her eat another spoon. She was staring at the wall. "Any good news?" Hoseok asked without turning.

"Usual things... Trying our best," Joon sighed, then stared at Lisa for a moment. "Nothing... She isn't moving her iris."

"Tae... Jimin calls him... Tae..." Silence lingered in the room for what felt like an eternity. It had been nine agonizing months, with Kim Taehyung locked away, isolated from the world. Sometimes, the echoes of his cries for Jungkook pierced through the stillness, his voice desperate and raw.

With each passing day, Taehyung's once vibrant spirit faded, leaving behind a mere shell of his former self. His body, deprived of sustenance, had withered away, resembling a skeletal figure lost in the shadows. Only Jimin dared to confront the darkness that consumed Taehyung, bravely venturing into his confined world.

Yet, even Jimin's tears failed to stir a response from Taehyung. He remained unmoved, a silent observer of his own torment. Once again, Jimin called out to him, a faint glimmer of hope flickering in his voice. Reluctantly, he lifted the food tray, a feeble attempt to nourish both body and soul, and descended into the abyss.

***********

"Ha... Ha.... You come again... Did you get that boy? No.... I know that... No... He laughed loudly from pig cattle. Namjoon... Jungkook died... I killed him... I killed him... Your brother is going to hate you...your husband is going to hate you.... Ha...ha"... Kim laughed loudly.

Namjoon stares at the already bruised body... Still the man was screaming he killed Jungkook... Joon put a switch and Kim started to shiver as the electricity passed on his body. Joon of the switch and walked out. Everyone is there. Mr. Kim, Jeon, Yoona, Nayon... Joon torturing everyone in his own way. He looks at Mrs. Kim...she was taking care of everyone. He locked the godown and walked towards his car.

Months passed again... It's been 11 months since Jungkook was missing. Police already decided that the boy had died. But the money Namjoon gives to them makes them search for the boy everyday.

************

Yoongi sat on the roadside, his sketchbook resting on his lap, capturing the essence of life that unfolded before him. It had been two months since he received the news of his father and stepmother's passing, leaving him untethered, free from the ties that bound him.

As he sketched, his gaze fell upon two children standing in front of a shop, their ragged clothes speaking volumes of their humble origins. Intrigued, Yoongi began to immortalize their innocent faces on paper, but his hand faltered as he witnessed an unexpected scene unfold.

The children, in a moment of desperation, took a wallet from a passerby, only to promptly return it to its rightful owner after taking some money,  Astonished by their action, Yoongi couldn't help but smile.

Following them discreetly, Yoongi observed as they purchased essentials—a carton of milk, a loaf of bread—with the meager coins they possessed. His heart swelled with admiration for their resilience and compassion as they disappeared into the labyrinth of the slums.

Yoongi made a silent vow to extend a helping hand, enlisting the support of  Jimin. But before he could take another step, something caught his eye—a piece of paper fluttering in the breeze, a message scribbled upon it.

 But before he could take another step, something caught his eye—a piece of paper fluttering in the breeze, a message scribbled upon it