42

Jungkook called out to his best friend with a worried tone. "Lisa... what happened to you?" His voice softened as he spoke.

Lisa stirred slightly. Jungkook gently took the child from Hoseok and brought her closer to Lisa. "Hey, look here," he coaxed softly. "This is my baby... a beautiful girl just like you."

He held the baby where Lisa could see her, but the baby cried loudly, the sound echoing through the room. Lisa, weak but responsive, slowly turned her head, her eyes struggling to focus on the baby.

Seeing her reaction, Hoseok and Taehyung exchanged hopeful smiles. "That's a positive sign," Hoseok whispered. They quietly stepped out of the room, leaving Jungkook and Lisa alone together.

Outside, Taehyung patted Hoseok on the shoulder reassuringly. "She'll be alright soon," he said with conviction.

Inside the room, Jungkook gently cradled the baby and brought her closer to Lisa's face. "Look, Lisa," he murmured, "

Lisa's gaze softened as she looked at the baby. Her lips trembled as if trying to form words, and a tear rolled down her cheek. Jungkook leaned closer, his heart aching with a mix of hope and worry. "You're strong, Lisa. I know you can get through this," he whispered, his voice filled with emotion.

The baby stopped crying and looked up at Lisa, as if sensing the connection. Lisa's fingers twitched, and with great effort, she slowly reached out to touch the baby's tiny hand. Jungkook's eyes welled up with tears as he witnessed the moment.

"You're doing great," he encouraged her softly. "We're all here for you."

Outside the door, Hoseok and Taehyung watched through the small window, their hearts lifting at the sight of Lisa's gradual response. They knew it would be a long journey, but for now, this small step filled them with hope.

*************

"Where did you go? Uncle misses you so much," Jimin cooed, kissing the baby's cheeks. The baby gave a small smile, recognizing her favorite person. Jimin's heart melted at her reaction, and he gently carried her inside.

"Yoongi!" he called out loudly as he entered the house. Moments later, Yoongi appeared with a milk bottle in hand, his expression softening at the sight of the baby. "Look who’s here," Jimin said, handing the baby over to Yoongi. "It's her world now."

Yoongi smiled warmly and settled down, feeding the baby with the bottle. The room filled with a sense of calm and love as they focused on the little one, her eyes fluttering as she drank her milk contentedly. Meanwhile, Jungkook and Taehyung quietly walked to their room.

"Tae, we need to go shopping. I need to buy some things for the baby and me," Jungkook said, looking a bit overwhelmed.

"We can go this evening," Taehyung replied, trying to be reassuring.

Jungkook ran a hand through his hair and sighed. "And you must cut this hair... When was the last time you had a haircut? You look so weak. What have you been doing all these months?"

"Crying," Taehyung answered flatly, his face void of emotion.

Jungkook's heart ached at the sight of his friend’s pain. "Tae..." he whispered, walking over and wrapping his arms around him in a tight hug. "I love you," he said softly, kissing Taehyung's cheek.

Taehyung hugged him back fiercely. "Love you too... You don't know how much I've been longing for you. I missed everything, Kooki... Your pregnancy, our baby’s growth. And you were alone when you needed me the most. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay, hyung," Jungkook murmured, his voice filled with emotion. "I was okay... Yeah, I missed you, but it's alright. But why did they do this to us? Why?"

"I'll tell you later," Taehyung said, kissing Jungkook's forehead. "Go get the baby."

"She's with them... How can I?" Jungkook hesitated.

"I want to see her," Taehyung said, a mischievous smile forming. "Maybe ask them to make a baby for themselves."

Jungkook chuckled softly. "Yoongi himself a baby, And how would that even work? Right now, you just need to love me... and then love her," Jungkook said seriously.

"Okay, my baby," Taehyung responded tenderly. He guided Jungkook to the bed and gently laid him down. "Let me love you."

In that intimate moment, the room filled with a profound sense of understanding and love. They found solace in each other’s presence, drawing strength from their bond. The pain and longing of the past months began to fade, replaced by a renewed sense of hope and connection.

*************

Yoongi stared at the baby's face, captivated by her peaceful slumber on their bed. She looked like an angel, the cutest one he had ever seen. He gently placed a soft kiss on her tiny hand, marveling at her delicate features.

"I'm heading to the office," Jimin said quietly, trying not to disturb the baby. "Did my princess fall asleep?" He leaned over, kissing his fingers and then gently touching her soft, cottony chubby cheeks.

Yoongi stared at Jimin, watching how gently he took care of their child. A pang of sorrow struck his heart as he recalled Jimin's words: "I love someone else, Yoongi... You have to leave me once you become independent." The thought of losing Jimin filled Yoongi's eyes with tears. Whoever that person was, they were incredibly lucky.

"Yoongi... where are you?" Jimin's voice snapped him back to reality, accompanied by a quick snap of his fingers. Yoongi blinked and looked up, nodding his head to show he was listening.

"I'm going now... bye," Jimin said, giving a final nod before walking outside.

Yoongi watched him leave, feeling a deep ache inside. He then turned his attention to the baby, sitting down beside her. Her innocent face provided a small measure of comfort amidst his turmoil.

"Why should he accept a mute like me?" Yoongi thinks, feeling the weight of his insecurities. "I'm not good enough for him. He deserves someone better."

He gently stroked the baby's soft cheek, trying to find solace in her presence. The room was quiet except for the baby's gentle breathing, and Yoongi felt a mix of love and despair. He wished he could be the person Jimin needed, the one he could rely on and love openly. But the words lingered in his mind, a constant reminder of the painful reality he faced.