23

Jenna Marasigan, a well-known columnist writer for a magazine, asked, "I'm enjoying the party so far! How did the idea for this event come about?"

"Thank you! We wanted to create an immersive experience where guests could enjoy art in a more casual setting," replied Dionne with a smile as she and Jenny stood near a sculpture. A waiter in a tuxedo distributed a tray of drinks. Outside the museum, a party was in full swing, surrounded by strobe lights, and music had begun playing. "By hosting a party in the museum, we hope to make art more accessible and enjoyable for everyone." Dionne picked up a glass of champagne as the waiter passed by their spot.

"I'm curious about the artist behind this stunning sculpture. Do you have any information about them?" Jenna asked again, and both she and Dionne looked at the sculpture.

"Of course! The artist, Gwynett Sy, is known for her intricate sculptures inspired by nature and geometry," Dionne pointed out the materials used in the sculpture, which are made from paper, plastic, and rubber. "She often incorporates recycled materials into her work, promoting sustainability and environmental awareness," she added.

Jenna smiled in admiration. "Oh, cool. Is photography allowed in the museum?" She showed her digital camera.

Dionne nodded with a smile. "Yes, photography is allowed for personal use, but we kindly ask that you refrain from using flash photography to preserve the integrity of the artwork." She pointed to the sculpture and the abstract painting nearby. "Feel free to capture your favorite pieces and share them on social media using our hashtag!" Dionne said with a smile. She briefly scanned the surroundings and noticed Marcus standing near another sculpture by Gwynett. "Please enjoy, and if you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask me," Dionne said formally, signaling the end of their conversation.

Jenna extended her hand. "Will do, Miss Lucas. Thank you for inviting me." Dionne graciously shook her hand. "Enjoy the party, Miss Marasigan."

"Shouldn't you be enjoying yourself while you're here?" Dionne greeted as she reached Marcus's side. "I'm just chilling here before it gets too crowded later," Marcus replied with a smile. "How have you been?" he asked, returning the greeting.

"It's good to see you, Marcus!" Dionne said, embracing him warmly.

"I missed you!" Marcus returned the hug. "Hey, can you rescue me later?" he whispered.

Dionne rolled her eyes. "Can't you just leave? Girls can pick up signs if you're not interested."

Marcus ran his hand through his hair. "Yes, but I can't just leave in the middle of a conversation, especially if they know my name. Why did they have to feature me as the hottest bachelor in the magazine? Now, I feel like I'm being hunted," he lamented.

"You know, I watched a movie once. The killer invited his victim for a cup of tea. Even though the victim suspected the killer's intentions, he still entered the house. You know how that ended," Dionne sipped her champagne. Marcus furrowed his brow, clearly confused. "I don't get it," he replied.

Dionne chuckled. "It means, if you're talking to a killer, you'll get killed because you don't want to offend someone. You'll say yes even if it makes you uncomfortable. Offending someone is far better than fearing pain."

"Okay, I get it," Marcus chuckled, surrendering his hands.

"How will I know if you need me to rescue you?" Dionne asked.

"I'll touch my hair like this," Marcus demonstrated the hair gesture.

"Oh my god," Dionne laughed at Marcus's antics. "Fine! You'll be my damsel in distress. You're too nice. You're killing me with your kindness," Dionne surrendered, hugging Marcus. "I have to go. I'm the director of this museum, and Miranda will kill me if I'm not doing my job," she said.