29

"Good morning, you're too early for work," Dionne greeted when she entered the kitchen. Charlotte immediately turned around and smiled. "I need to go by nine; I'll meet a client, be in a board meeting, then head to the country club to prepare for my polo match." Charlotte was already dressed elegantly in a green long-sleeve shirt layered with a black blazer and highlighted by high-waisted pants. Her long hair was tied, and her makeup was light.

"I guess your day is way busier than I expected," Dionne remarked, yawning softly. She was still in her robe, her hair tied up casually.

Charlotte stood up, went to the coffee maker, and started brewing some coffee. The aroma of coffee beans filled the air, and the soft hum of the machine was heard. She looked like a skilled barista as she expertly decorated the top of the latte. "Here's your coffee." Charlotte placed the beautifully crafted latte in a white cup, slid it across to Dionne, and sat beside her. "Where's my morning kiss?" she asked with a pout as if reminding Dionne of a forgotten debt.

"How am I supposed to drink the coffee? It's so pretty," Dionne mused, admiring the floral design on the latte. "Thank you for making me coffee every morning," she said with a smile. "Uhm, I haven't brushed my teeth yet. Can I kiss you on the cheek instead?" she added, sipping the latte. Charlotte just raised an eyebrow at her. "I kissed every part of your body; do you think not brushing your teeth will stop me?" Charlotte reminded her sternly.

Amused, Dionne rolled her eyes, grabbed Charlotte's blazer, pulled her closer, and kissed her. Charlotte deepened the kiss by holding Dionne's nape. "Why do you taste like mint?" Charlotte asked when she broke the kiss.

"I brushed my teeth when I woke up at four," Dionne explained, gently wiping the smeared lipstick from Charlotte's lips with her thumb.

She gave Dionne a soft peck on the lips and chuckled softly. "You're such a hygiene freak. Did you sleep well?"

Dionne rolled her eyes and took a sip of coffee. "Not really, someone woke me up and did something naughty," she teased.

Charlotte's cheeks warmed, and her dimples deepened as she stifled a laugh. "Can you blame me if you have a hyperactive girlfriend?"

Dionne nearly choked on her coffee at the remark and quickly turned to look at her. "What did you say?"

"Uh, about me being hyperactive?"

"No, the last word?" Dionne asked eagerly.

"Girlfriend?" Charlotte innocently answered, struggling to hold back her laughter as she firmly pressed her lips together.

"So, you're my girlfriend now?" Dionne couldn't hide her smile.

"Aren't we? I don't think we're just dating anymore. People date; they meet in one place and don't stay in each other's beds, right?" Charlotte pointed out.

Dionne cleared her throat. "So, how long have you been my girlfriend?" Her eyes showed a gleam, and she couldn't conceal her happiness.

Charlotte touched her hair. "Since we started dating?" she admitted shyly. Charlotte cleared her throat again, her cheeks slightly reddening. "So, are you coming to watch the polo match? Georgia and I will play," she changed the subject.

"Of course, it's my girlfriend's match. I'll be there," Dionne said with a smirk. "You know, Georgia threatened to punch me in the boobs because you and I were dating," she also confided.

Charlotte laughed softly. "That's Georgia's way of giving you the 'don't-hurt-her' speech. I do the same to her ex-lovers."

"So, you also punch them in the boobs?" Dionne couldn't help but laugh.