47

"Alright, I think we've covered everything on our agenda. Does anyone have any final thoughts or questions?" Miranda formally concluded the meeting, sitting at the head of the table, facing several employees in the conference room.

"I believe we're all set. The items are clear," said Mr. Vargas, the Marketing Director, with a smile. He adjusted his glasses and neatly stacked the papers in front of him, securing them in a white folder.

"I'm good. I'll send out the updated financial projections this afternoon," agreed Melanie Suarez, the accountant for Flavell Museum. She had a reputation for accuracy and thoroughness, ensuring the museum's finances were always in order.

Miranda smiled slightly and nodded. "Excellent. In that case, let's wrap this up. Thank you all for your input today." She clasped her hands together in sincere gratitude. "Remember, we need those quarterly reports by Friday. Have a productive week, everyone." She began organizing the papers in front of her, placing them carefully into a folder with practiced efficiency.

The room was filled with rustling papers and shuffling feet as the employees began to leave. Miranda remained seated, glancing up shortly while signing a document. "Miss Lucas, can you stay for a moment, please?" she requested while still focused on her document.

"Of course, Miranda," Dionne replied without hesitation and moved closer to Miranda. She smoothed the front of her dress as she sat in an empty chair, straightening her posture, crossing her legs, and leaning back slightly.

Miranda set down her pen and stacked the papers neatly. "Dionne, I heard you're thinking about resigning. Is your decision final?" Miranda asked gently.

Dionne nodded quietly, her manners composed yet tinged with a hint of sadness. "Yes, Miranda. I've made up my mind. I've accepted a job offer abroad," she replied, her gaze steady but thoughtful.

"Wow, that's a big step!" Miranda exclaimed, her admiration for Dionne's courage tempered by a touch of sadness that flickered across her eyes. "Are you sure about this? Maybe you should think it over a bit more," Miranda suggested, her words laced with the hope that Dionne might reconsider.

Dionne smiled faintly, appreciating Miranda's concern. "I appreciate your concern, Miranda, but—" She paused, a fleeting moment of hesitation passing over her features before she continued, "But I've given it a lot of thought."

Miranda sighed softly, reflecting understanding and a desire to persuade Dionne to stay. "I understand that, but we value you so much here. Is there anything we can do to make you stay? Perhaps a new project or a different position?" she offered, hoping to find a way to convince Dionne to remain at the museum.

"I appreciate that, Miranda. It's not about dissatisfaction here. I feel this is the right move for me at this stage in my life," Dionne explained gently, her voice tinged with a hint of sadness at the thought of leaving her current job.

"I get it, but think about the impact you have here, especially with the art lessons and scholarships. You're making a real difference," Miranda emphasized warmly.

Dionne nodded quietly, a small, grateful smile touching her lips as she brushed a hand through her hair. "That means a lot to me, and I'll always cherish my time here. But I can also make a difference in new ways abroad," Dionne asserted, her gaze briefly flickering away from Miranda's to conceal the slight sadness in her eyes.

Miranda clasped her hands together and nodded understandingly. "Alright, Dionne. Just promise me you'll take a few more days to consider it before making anything official. We'd hate to lose you," she urged softly.

Dionne smiled gently, touched by Miranda's sincerity. "I promise, Miranda. I'll think it over again," she reassured, her voice soft but resolute.

++++