37

Dionne walked gracefully through the lobby of Lumière d'Or, a high-end restaurant known for its exquisite cuisine and elegant ambiance. The receptionist, dressed impeccably in a tailored suit with her hair styled in a sophisticated updo, greeted Dionne with a warm smile that matched the luxurious surroundings.

"Good evening. Welcome to Lumière d'Or. Do you have a reservation?" The receptionist's voice was polite and refined, reflecting the establishment's upscale atmosphere.

Returning the smile, Dionne replied with equal politeness, "Yes, I do. It's under the name Miss Lucas?"

The receptionist quickly consulted the reservation book she held, eyes scanning the neatly arranged list of names. Upon finding Dionne's reservation, her smile widened. "Ah, yes, Ms. Lucas. Your table is ready. Your guest has already arrived. Would you like me to show you to your table?"

"Thank you, that would be wonderful," Dionne answered, her smile tinged with appreciation for the receptionist's professionalism.

With a graceful gesture, the receptionist led Dionne into the heart of the restaurant, her steps confident and purposeful. As they walked, Dionne couldn't help but admire the opulent décor and the soft, inviting glow of the lighting fixtures. The atmosphere exuded sophistication, befitting the restaurant's reputation as a haven for the city's elite.

Despite the elegant surroundings, Dionne remained composed and poised. She wore a sleek black dress that underlined her slender figure, paired with heels that added a subtle touch of glamour to her clothes.

Unknown to Dionne, her presence did not go unnoticed by Anthony Verdan, who glanced up from his table as she passed. The receptionist stopped at a table and turned to Dionne. "Here's your table. Have a wonderful evening," she said with a warm smile.

"Thank you very much," Dionne replied, waiting for the receptionist to leave before sitting.

"I didn't expect you would bring me here for a fancy dinner," Dionne began as she sat down, raising an eyebrow at Trina, who smiled in response. Trina was dressed casually, wearing a fitted shirt topped with a blazer. Despite her simple attire, it suited the ambiance of the restaurant.

"Would you like to order first?" Trina responded with a chuckle, her eyes scanning the menu. "I can't help but try your recommendation. I read in the food guide that the food here is delicious, and they've earned a Michelin star." She handed the menu to Dionne.

"Let's go Dutch? I have an appetite for a horse. I tend to order the most expensive dishes on a menu," Dionne suggested as she flipped through the menu, her gaze lingering on the enticing descriptions of each dish.

"No! Let me take it," Trina insisted firmly, her tone leaving no room for argument. "I invited you for dinner; just order whatever you like. I'm telling you now so we won't argue over the bill later, okay?" Her eyes met Dionne's with determination, emphasizing her sincerity.

"Okay, if you insist. Wouldn't want to turn our bills into a comedy show after dinner," Dionne said amusedly, quickly selecting her meal. "I'll take Seared Scallops, served with cauliflower puree and pancetta. As for the salad, I'll go for Nicoise. My appetizer would be..." She trailed off as her finger traced the menu, stopping when she made her choice. "Beef Carpaccio, thinly sliced raw beef with arugula, Parmesan, and truffle oil." She folded the menu and set it aside. "How about you?" she asked Trina.

"Nice choices. How do you maintain your figure? As you put it, you're way too slim for someone with an appetite like a horse," Trina asked curiously. She leaned back in her chair, a thoughtful expression on her face as she awaited Dionne's response.

"I'm into yoga and Pilates, but I mostly swim. It engages all the muscles," Dionne replied while she unfolded her napkin. "I'm only taking advantage while I still have a fast metabolism. I eat whatever I like. When it comes to food, I go with the 'you only live once' attitude."