31

The board room exuded an airy ambiance. The curtains were drawn to reveal a picturesque view of towering buildings, thick clouds, and birds gliding across the blue sky.

"Would you like me to close the curtain, Dionne?" Tracy asked as she approached Dionne's seat, the sunlight radiating a gentle glow on Dionne's shoulder. Dionne shook her head and smiled at Tracy. "It's fine. Thank you," she replied with a grateful nod.

Rachel Castro, one of the curators, and Luis Beltran, the museum's executive finance officer, joined them in the board meeting.

Dionne couldn't help but touch her forehead as she felt a slight throbbing in her senses. With her mind cluttered and sleep-deprived, Marcus's text message only added to her distractions. Dionne decided to postpone meeting with Charlotte until she could clear her mind. Leaning back in her seat, Dionne waited for Miranda to arrive, with five minutes left before the board meeting began.

The door creaked open, and Miranda entered the room, her presence commanding attention as she took her seat at the head of the table. "Good afternoon, everyone. Thank you for gathering for today's board meeting. Let's begin by discussing the upcoming museum party. Dionne, could you please update us on the preparations?" Miranda's confident and authoritative voice set the tone for the meeting.

Straightening in her seat, Dionne composed herself, ready to present their progress. "Certainly. We've been diligently organizing the party to ensure it's a memorable event for all attendees," she began, sliding a prepared folder toward Miranda. "As part of our plans, we're considering introducing a painting exhibit featuring local artists. This would add a unique touch to the event and highlight the rich creativity within our community. Additionally, we're exploring the relevance of street art and its impact on contemporary art culture."

Miranda nodded thoughtfully as she examined the folder's contents, her sharp eyes taking in every detail. "That sounds like a fantastic addition to the party. Have we reached out to any specific street artists or considered including street art in the exhibit?" she inquired, her gaze lingering on a Polaroid picture capturing the vibrancy of an art exhibit.

"Yes, we've begun discussions with several notable street artists in our area, such as Antonio Laurel and Leah Dominguez. Their work has played a significant role in shaping modern art movements, and we believe it would bring an edgy and urban flair to the exhibit," Dionne replied, handing over pictures of the mentioned artists.

"Including street art would also broaden our museum's appeal and attract a younger demographic, enhancing our community engagement efforts," Rachel said enthusiastically.

Luis Beltran nodded in agreement, his analytical mind already considering the strategic implications. "Agreed. Street art adds a dynamic and contemporary element to our event, reflecting the evolving landscape of the art world."

Miranda cleared her throat and smiled. "Very well, let's ensure we showcase diverse artistic expressions, including traditional and street art forms, to provide a comprehensive experience for our guests." She neatly placed the folder on the table and scanned the other items listed on the paper before her. "Before we conclude, I have an important announcement," Miranda added, capturing the attention of everyone in the board meeting. "We have a new investor joining the board members, Charlotte Del Pierro. Miss Del Pierro has made a significant investment in the museum and now holds one of the shares, demonstrating her commitment to our institution's success," Miranda informed the group.

Dionne paused briefly at the news, unable to hide the furrow forming on her brow. "Uh, Miss Del Pierro is one of the big investors?" she asked, her voice tinged with surprise.

Miranda nodded. "Yes," she replied without further elaboration. Still confused by the revelation, Dionne chose to remain silent, keeping her gaze lowered.