seven.

I imagine Wes to look like Nick Robinson. :) and I saved you time of Googling him and put a picture above.

-

Nobody knew how much I hated school. I didn't fit in. I had one friend and that was Wes. He had been my best friend since grade school.

"Woah, look at Alli. Those stitches make you look tough, you know." Wes was now walking with me.

A whole group of girls stared at me in disgust.

"Ignore them." Wes put his arm around my shoulder and walked faster.

"What is it with them, thinking that they're better than everyone?" I clenched my fists.

One of the girls, Lacey, walked in front of us, stopping us.

"I heard what happened," she was laughing, "people like you deserve it."

I laughed and took a step forward. I didn't think twice and I punched her.

Wes held me back. "Woah, cool it."

"No. I'm tired of being stepped on by this bitch."

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Lacey was crying. Good.

I ended up sitting in the principal's office for an hour until Gemma showed up.

I hated going to school an hour from Charming.

"Are you Heather Stephens?" Mr. Wilburn asked as he flipped through my file.

"No, she's in the hospital. I'm her real mother." Gemma said.

"I'm afraid I can't have you here. You aren't on the list of potential guardians."

"She's my mom." I said.

"I'm sorry."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm a senior and there's only 3 weeks of school left."

"You injured a girl-"

"That bitch had it coming."

He sighed loudly.

"Look, if it's that big of a problem, I'll leave."

"She isn't pressing charges."

"Thank god." Gemma said, relieved.

I walked Gemma out to her car.

"Sorry for making you drive an hour out here."

She shrugged. "It's okay. I had to do it a lot when Jax was in school."

I nodded.

"Jax said to head to his house after school."

We hugged and parted ways.

-

I parked my car in his driveway.

He came out. I got out and walked to him.

"I want you to meet someone."

I looked up at him. "Who?"

"Come on."

We took Gemma's black car instead of his bike.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll see."

He parked in the hospital and killed the engine. "What are we doing here?"

He rolled his eyes and smiled. "Don't ask so many questions. You'll see."

I asked no questions after that. We walked into the hospital and the doctor approached us.

"Here for Abel?" The woman asked.