Chapter 22

Author's Note: wow we made it to 22 chapters and yet... Only 22 chapters??! This has been such a crazy ride already and there's still more to come (including a 3rd book) I can't promise this one will be as long as the first book (60 chapters in all) because I have a very important place I want to end the book at of course still far in the future. But yeah.... I love you all, your feedback and likes are just so touching to me because when I started this I had one reader, a lovely friend of mine, and wanted to write a story about a girl in love with her brother's best friend. And look where it's gotten us now! Crazy right? So sorry for the super long author's note (do people even read these things??? Doubt it). ILY

xoxo, Rosie

- -

. . .

She talks about you

Like you put the stars

In the sky

-Unknown

. . .

- -

Decisions, Decisions

Mason's POV

I wake up on the couch. Not like "oh I woke up on the couch cause my wife and I got in a fight last night". Not at all. In fact Emma is cuddled in my arms just like we were when we fell asleep watching cartoons last night. I think she held me captive here so that I couldn't drink. If only that was all I was doing.

"Emma wake up," I say. It's been about half a week since we last fought, a peaceful experience that I know can never last. I brush her long blonde hair out of her face and just smile at how beautiful and blissful she looks. I kiss her cheek and nibble her ear until she wakes up giggling.

"Good morning," she says, rolling over so our bodies are pressed right up against each other. She bites the tip of my nose playfully.

"What the heck," I say laughing and she gives me a quick kiss on lips. "Good morning to you too."

"What day is it?" she asks, stretching and yawning.

"Saturday," I tell her, smoothing my fingers down the soft skin of her arm.

She smiles and rolls over the edge of the couch so she's lying on the floor and stretches once more. "Thank god." Then she stand up, pulling down the night shirt she slept in and waddles to the kitchen to get coffee. "Dammit!" she says.

"What?" I jump off the couch, to make sure everything's alright.

"I bought more coffee grounds last week and Naomi's already used them all up." I gasp like this is shocking news and pull her towards me while she pouts.

"Oh well, I'll take you out to your favorite coffee place? How bout that? Or Andy's Pancake House."

Emma smiles mischievously. "Or both?" I groan and she laughs pinching my sides. "Hear me out! Andy's has shit coffee and my lil coffee shop doesn't sell pancakes! What's a girl to do in a situation like that?"

"Only because I love you," I tell her and she squeals.

An hour later, we make it to the coffee shop. And yes an hour because we had to get ready and then we keep taking detours to make out in corners and do what couples in love do. I open the door for her, "My lady."

"Such a gentleman," she says.

As soon as we step inside the guy at the front looks up from the cash register and says, "Emma you're back. I got worried when you ran out of the shop in a frenzy last week."

I glance at Emma who looks pale. "Oh yeah, I'm sorry about that. I... uh... I had to go find Mason. Sorry that I ran out on you." I tense up. What in gods name was she doing hanging out with the coffee shop worker again?