Chapter Eight

Author's Note: ahhhh I was so happy with the last chapter you don't even know! I hope y'all were pleased too. So that's all I can really say because I just wanna get to right to writing. Enjoy!

xoxo, Rosie

- -

. . .

[Mason]

Drapetomania:

The overwhelming urge to run away

[Emma]

It's pathetic really

How much I still hope

It's me and you

In the end

- Unknown

. . .

- -

Morning After

Mason's POV

There's rustling and then I'm cold. "Emma," I groan, patting around the bed blindly for the blankets. There's no response. I sit up and look around. Emma is no where to be seen. Suddenly she pops up from the foot of the bed, wrapped in her comforter and holding her underwear. "What are you doing?" I ask groggily, rubbing my eyes.

Emma tosses me my boxer shorts. "You have to go. Like now."

"What?" I ask, dragging my boxers on one leg at a time. "Why?"

She looks up at me from behind her long lashes and then shakes her head, pushing ruffled hair out of her face. "Alexander is coming over to 'talk things out'." She uses air quotes for the last part.

"Wait... your still with that toolbag?" I ask baffled. It takes everything in me to try and suppress my anger.

Emma looks completely frazzled, her cheeks flushed, her lips swollen, hair a mess, and her face is a mask of worry. "Yes! This was a mistake. One big mistake. And if I could take it back I would." She puts her head in her hands. I gape at her.

"A mistake?" I ask. "You think that was a mistake? We had sex Emma! That isn't a mistake god dammit!"

"All I know is that it is time for you to get dressed and go."

My mind swirls with mixed thoughts and feelings. I am completely and totally in love with her. Emma is still dating a jerk. She really has no intention of breaking up with him. We've just had sex. She's just cheated on him. But with me.

"Mason!" she says her voice shrill. I'm pulled from my thoughts enough to hear a knock at the front door. "Get in the closet."

"What? No," I say, crossing my arms over my chest. "We're not sixteen anymore."

"Do it or I swear to God I will never have speak to you again."

I seeth in anger. "Dammit Emma." She pulls on a t-shirt over her bra. It still shows through. Then she looks up at me, her final decision plain on her face. Finally I put my arms up in defeat and snap, "Okay I'm going into the closet. But my clothes are still in the other room."

"I'll hide them behind a pillow of the sofa. Go!" I slip into the closet and she closes the folding doors. I'm enveloped by her perfume smell and I lean restlessly into her clothes. Should I be punished for not regretting what we did last night? It was just so right. But maybe this is my punishment, Emma wanting to take it back.

I hear the front door open and Emma says, "Hi. You're early."

"Well you know what I say... on time is late and early is-"