6 - Person of Interest

"Cautious or not..." I opened my office door. "You shouldn't assume shit about people." I knew I would see Ezra resting on the couch. And to make matters worse, he was snoring. Yeah, he was definitely tired.

I threw Axel a pointed look. Just because we slept together didn't mean he could act like this. Ezra had to be a good guy. Otherwise, why would Parker even consider being around him? Honestly, I would trust him more than the guys in my apartment right now. If given the chance, they'd sleep with me and my friends. Even though there was something odd about him, I realized everyone was a little weird these days.

"Since you wanna assume shit, you wake him up," I said.

"Hell no." Axel rolled his eyes.

"Ugh, you're such a baby. You're lucky I actually like you."

"And if you didn't?"

"I don't know. We could still fuck." I chuckled. "Anyway, I said I'd let him sleep for a few minutes, but it's been a few hours."

"Damn, he must be tired." Axel shook his head.

"You're telling me. I don't want to wake him, but Randy has been asking about him. I also don't want him to miss the entire party."

"...Men."

Yeah, that's what I keep telling myself.

"I wouldn't do that," Parker warned. I jumped. "Sorry for sneaking up on you, but I wouldn't do that..."

"Axel." Axel turned to look at us. "I think I'd heed her warning."

"Sure, sure." He stepped away from Ezra.

"You see...Ezra kinda has PTSD."

"Kinda?"

"Well, it's not something he likes for people to know. I don't know what it's from, but if you touch him while he's sleeping, he tends to..." Parker sighed. "He'll hit you, and I can't guarantee he'll stop."

"That bad?" I asked.

"Bad enough. He put one of my brothers in the hospital. Ezra tried to warn him, but he just wouldn't listen. I don't want either of you to hate him, so just let him sleep some more. Or..."

"Or what?" Axel asked.

"You can wake him up."

"Me?" I chuckled. "After what you just said, I think I'd rather keep my face."

"He won't hit you, Irene. He doesn't hit women. The scariest thing he'll do is probably grab you. Once he sees you're not a threat to him, he'll let you go."

"That sounds sexist..." I muttered.

"Does he at least apologize?" Axel asked.

"...He doesn't know what apologies are. Trust me, it's better you don't give him a chance to hit you than you fretting over an apology he won't mean."

Okay. Valid enough.

"Axel...how about we–" Parker started.

"No, I'm good." Axel shook his head.

"Dude, you don't have to worry about me," I said. "Just go back to the party. You know I'll hit back."

"Yeah, I do, but–"

"Don't. Please. I'll be fine. It's not like I'm waking up a hardened criminal."

"You could be," he mumbled.

Parker cleared her throat.

"I'm not, right?" I asked.

"Trust me." She laughed. "He's the softest man I know. He wouldn't hurt a fly."