14 - Two of A Kind

I returned home that evening, not at all expecting my friends to be waiting for me. They'd already ordered something to eat, so as they waited, I decided to shower. To my surprise, when I finished, Ezra was still nowhere to be found. I found myself waiting for him and began to wonder if I really liked this game of cat and mouse. Was I the cat and he was the mouse? Or was he the cat and I was the mouse? It could go both ways. Honestly, that scared me.

"¿Cómo eres tan hermosa? Es increíble..." Axel murmured as he gazed at me, clearly wanting more than just a cuddle. I smiled up at him, feeling a warmth spread through my body. "Realmente quiero follarte ahora mismo."

"¿Ahora?" I felt my smile widen at his boldness. "¿Delante de todos?"

"No, en mi habitación." He leaned in, his lips brushing against my ear. "Por si estábamos hablando en serio, yo me encargo de que no haya nadie que nos moleste." The heat of his body against mine, the scent of him filling my nose, made it impossible for me to think.

"Nice try, papi."

His eyes narrowed playfully and he leaned back on the couch. "I'll make sure of it."

"If there was no one else here..." I whispered in his ear. "Then I'd let you do it."

His hands traveled down my sides, cupping my hips. "You're sure?" he asked, his voice rough.

"I could take you to my room right now, but why would I want them to hear how good you are in bed?"

His breath hitched, his hands tightening on my hips. "Me estás matando," he groaned, leaning in to kiss me. It was a hard, demanding kiss, his tongue thrusting into my mouth, his hands gripping me possessively. I could feel the heat between us, the need for each other growing with every passing moment. When he finally pulled back, I could see the desire in his eyes, the need for release.

"Get a fucking room." Jamie joined us.

Axel and I jumped, breaking the moment. "What the fuck, Jamie?" he growled.

"I mean, seriously? We're all here to have fun, but you two are acting like a couple of horny teenagers."

"Thank you." I smirked.

"That wasn't a compliment, bitch."

"You are such a fucking cock blocker," Axel muttered. "Where's Kaiya?"

"Right here, handsome." Kaiya winked at me as she pulled out her wallet. "Come with me. I don't want to wait for the food alone."

"Do I necessarily have to?"

"...No, but I like being a cock blocker." Kaiya laughed, tossing her head back as she pushed me off of Axel. Jamie glared down at me as I landed on her lap. "Come on, fool."

"Ugh, fine." Axel threw me an apologetic look as Kaiya dragged him away. "I hope you're not expecting me to pay for anything," he muttered under his breath.

The apartment was quiet after they left. Jamie turned on the TV, but I knew she wasn't watching it. Neither was I. Instead, I found myself thinking about what had just happened between Axel and I. The way he'd touched me, the way he'd kissed me...

"Where's lover boy?" Jamie asked.

"Don't know. Don't care," I muttered.

"Aw, he still won't take you on as his woman?"

"Which is ridiculous!" I sat up. "Besides Axel, he's the only guy I've been this interested in. You know what his excuse was?"

"What?"

"He focuses on his work too much to care about having a girlfriend. He's afraid I'll hate him for catching a killer everyone wants out of the city."

"You're both on the case, so you'll be working together, right?"