9

CHAPTER NINE ╰━━━━━∙⋆⋅⋆∙━━━━━╯ -ˏˋ⋆An Angel Takes The Role of The Saviour

CHAPTER NINE
╰━━━━━∙⋆⋅⋆∙━━━━━╯
-ˏˋAn Angel Takes The Role of The Saviour.ˊˎ-

⋆༺𓆩☠︎︎𓆪༻⋆

     Taehyung breathed in deeply before releasing it with a heavy sigh. He carefully set his phone on the table next to the hospital bed, where Jungkook was still unconscious.

He had just finished a heartfelt phone call with Jungkook's mother and he made every effort to console the elderly woman. 

Mrs. Jeon wanted to set off to Japan to be with her son, but Taehyung strongly opposed the idea, knowing so well that Jungkook would never allow his mother to travel to a foreign country without him by her side. 

He made a sincere promise to her, assuring her that he would give perfect care to Jungkook and immediately inform her of any changes in his condition. 

He settled into the chair next to the bed, his weary eyes fixed on his best friend. 

"How long are you going to stay on the bed like that? Wake up, dude. I'm not ready to take over your business." He chuckled softly, yearning for Jungkook's company to share in the mirth.

Shortly thereafter, the once radiant smile transformed into a somber frown. 

"That's enough of sleeping, dumbass. I miss you." His voice barely escaped his lips, tinged with a hint of sorrow. "It's been almost a month, and I know you're fine. Enough sleeping. Get up, you fuckass. You have a lot of files to sign."

A heavy silence filled the room, broken only by the steady beeping of the machine monitoring Jungkook's heartbeat.

He ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. He experienced a deep sense of silence as if Jungkook's absence left him feeling utterly lonely.

He longed for the man's sarcastic behavior, his bad jokes, and the laughter that filled the air. Strangely, he even found himself missing the occasional blow from his period 'boss'. 

With a heavy sigh, he reached out and tightly grasped Jungkook's hand, his grip unwavering. 

"Everything will be fine. I hope you're doing well, Jungkook-ah."

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

Jimin sat at the bus stop near his parent's coffee shop, feeling the sting of the cold wind against his face. He has been there from daylight to moonlight, witnessing the transformation of Seoul.

He planned to seek shelter from his parents, as he had no other options on hand. However, as he made his way to the shop, lost in his thoughts, he received a devastating text from his mother, informing him that he was no longer welcome as their son.

He wondered if Seonho had possibly told his parents about it, which could explain his mother's current state of distress.

"I can't help but wonder if she's crying," he murmured softly, his voice hoarse and weak from the exhaustion that consumed him.

Instead of immediately responding, he made the deliberate decision to remain silent, withholding any explanation from his mother for the time being. He understands the harsh realities of life, where no one would lend an ear to his story.

The time was nearing 2 in the morning, and the wind grew increasingly frigid. Jimin lay on the bench at the bus stop, shivering as the chilly breeze wrapped around him. He sniffled, his head spinning with a touch of headaches, caused by the flu.

His body shivered with an undeniable chill, yearning for solace in the embrace of warmth. He rose from the bench and quickly embraced his luggage.

"Fuck, it's so cold," he complained between sniffles.