28

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT ╰━━━━━∙⋆⋅⋆∙━━━━━╯ -ˏˋ⋆A Nightmare's Trigger⋆ˊˎ-

╰━━━━━∙⋆⋅⋆∙━━━━━╯
-ˏˋA Nightmare's Triggerˊˎ-

⋆༺𓆩☠︎︎𓆪༻⋆

There was absolutely nothing in the early sky. It was almost comparable to a child who started drawing on it with a pencil and then carefully erased it. The road was devoid of any traffic, with only Taehyung's car piercing the silent road.

Jungkook gazed at the sky through the car window, his eyes swollen, red, and puffy from the previous night's cries. His face was blank of any expression, yet there was only one word that could be written on paper to describe his feelings when they first laid eyes on him.

Mournful.

He was grappling with a deep emotional struggle, finding it difficult to face up to the reality of losing his father. Although he wasn't particularly close to the old man since his father had been so strict with him since he was a child, he knew deep down that his father loved him very much.

And he realized his father's lack of understanding of how to express love to his children, and Jungkook accepted the flaw without any complaint. It wasn't a big deal for him.

He was grief-ridden and upset. He once had a conversation with his father about marriage. The old man was filled with excitement as he talked about the possibility of having a grandchild. He encouraged Jungkook to consider getting married sooner, as he believed he would be leaving soon.

But Jungkook angrily warned him not to mention about death again. He firmly insisted that his father should witness him marrying whoever was destined to be with him, regardless of the circumstances.

However today, while the weather was pleasant for everyone else, he found himself on his way to his father's funeral.

He let out a gentle sniff, still dealing with a runny nose from yesterday. With a clenched jaw, he brought his hand up to massage his temples and shut his blazing eyes.

Last night, as Jimin bombarded him with questions about what had happened between him and his mother, he was extremely worn out and unable to give an explanation or begin to share his traumatic past.

He emitted a low whine and snuggled even closer to Jimin's chest, covering the man's body with his strong arm. He closed his eyes, ready to sleep and rest, without any pressure from Jimin to talk about it.

He felt relieved that Jimin didn't press him on that night, which only deepened his love for the man.

Jungkook suddenly broke into a light cough in the quiet car, causing Taehyung to immediately look at him through the rear-view mirror. Taehyung let out a sigh, his heart tightening after seeing his best friend's condition.

Actually, he didn't want to bring the poor man to the funeral because he knew that something bad would happen. Jungkook's stepmother would also be there, and it was clear that she wouldn't allow Jungkook to come closer to the funeral.

Taehyung was aware of Jungkook's depressing past, but he had never talked about it with anyone, including Jungkook.

He hates to witness Jungkook in such a terrible state. He let out another sigh before clearing his throat to engage in a brief conversation with his best friend.

"Take it easy, Jungkook. You shouldn't force yourself to keep your emotions bottled up. We still have time. Just cry all you want and let it all out."

"I've had enough of crying. Even if I shed drops of blood, nothing will change."

"Kook, that's not what I mean. You shouldn't let stress consume you. Your brain will be affected, and you are aware of this. Don't think too much."