Déjà Vu

I know, 
But I can't get away either.
I'm drowning to fall, save me,
Please don't leave me.
I'm thirsted by desire.
My senses are dulled,
By the attraction that captivates me.
Are you, in front of my eyes, or a dream?
Reality or illusion?
It feels as if I just had a dream in a dream.
Oh it's like the shivers of my body,
Remember you.
I know you get déjà vu

"Déjà Vu." - ATEEZ

---------------------------------

After breakfast San escorted me from the kitchen to the infirmary, excusing himself to run a few errands around the ship once I had been safely delivered. I stood outside the door for a moment, gathering my thoughts.

The wooden door looked much like the rest of the intricately carved doors around the ship, though this one had a caduceus symbol engraved into it, and the words 'Sick Bay' underneath. I traced the tips of my fingers lightly over the carefully etched lettering on the door, taking a deep breath to calm my nerves.

I didn't know what it was about Yeosang that made me so jittery. I wasn't nervous, I realized. I was excited. The way The Caladrius had regarded me was so careful and calming. I think in a way his presence had made me feel even just a tad normal in an otherwise strange situation, as if his aura were a mild sedative.

I wanted to feel that way again. I craved it. San and Seonghwa had put me at ease in other ways, but even in their presence I felt a strange lingering malaise inside me. So far, Yeosang was the only one who had stilled that feeling entirely.

The opening of the door broke me from my thoughts, as I found myself face to face with The Caladrius himself, causing me to startle. Soft green eyes met my own as he inhaled sharply, his shoulders lifting in surprise. I had to cover my mouth to keep from yelping in surprise myself.

"Oh, Miss! I wasn't expecting to see you right there." He let out an easy chuckle, his hand pressing to his chest as he exhaled. "I was just coming to find you, actually. I figured San got distracted on his way here. He does that often."

"I've been here for a few minutes actually, I just..." I trailed off, furrowing my brows and looking off to my right. I wasn't about to tell him I'd been standing outside his door psyching myself up to see him again. I had embarrassed myself enough for the day already, the memory of my impromptu screaming match with Mingi still fresh in my mind. "I was lost in thought." Clearing my throat, I returned my gaze to him with an awkward smile.

"I see." Yeosang offered me an understanding look, though I was certain he didn't know exactly what I had been thinking about. If he had, he gave no indication. "Please, do come in." Stepping aside, he held the door open for me, and I entered the room quickly.

The room was decently spacious, with room enough to house four sick beds, an examination table, and a few cabinets and counters. The leftmost wall was lined with shelving that held various jars of herbs, bottles filled with tinctures and oils, and what I could only imagine was an assortment of medical equipment. There was another door on the right, which I assumed led to Yeosang's quarters.

I stopped in my tracks when I noticed Seonghwa. The Raven was laying curled up into himself along the bed in the farthest corner, soundly asleep. Yeosang stepped beside me, glancing to Seonghwa with a soft sigh. "He's still out like a light."

"It's my fault, isn't it?" I asked in a small voice.

"It isn't, Miss." Yeosang shook his head, turning to face me. "It had been a while since he used his gift, I can assume."