sixteen.

ZUKO HAD MANAGED to get combustion man to stop attacking us, I guess he really proved himself to really mean what he said to us earlier

"I can't believe I'm saying this," Aang spoke gratefully, "But thanks, Zuko"

"Hey what about me? I did the boomerang thing"
Sokka whined.

"Listen, I know I didn't explain myself very well yesterday. I've been through a lot in the last few years, and it's been hard" Zuko explained, facing the group.

"But I'm realising that I had to go through all those things to learn the truth. I thought I had lost my honour, and that somehow my father could return it to me. But I know now that no one can give you your honour. It's something you earn for yourself, by choosing to do what's right"

Zuko paused as he turned to face the Avatar, "All I want to do now is play my part in ending this war, and I know my destiny is to help you restore balance to the world"

He turned to Toph, bowing his head slightly, "I'm sorry for what I did to you. It was an accident.
Fire can be dangerous and wild, so as a firebender, I need to be more careful and control my bending so I don't hurt people unintentionally"

"I think you are supposed to be my firebending teacher," Aang spoke, "When I first tried to learn firebending, I burned Katara, and after that I never wanted to firebend again. But now I know you understand how easy it is to hurt the people you love. I'd like you to teach me" He bowed to the Prince who politely returned the gesture.

"Thank you. I'm so happy you've accepted me into your group"

"Not so fast," Aang cut in, making Zuko look up in apprehension, "I still have to ask my friends if it's okay with them"

Aang turned to face Toph, "Toph, you're the one Zuko burned. What do you think?"

"Go ahead and let him join," She slammed her fist into her palm, "It'll give me plenty of time to get him back for burning my feet!"

"Sokka?"

"Hey, all I want is to defeat the Fire Lord. If you think this is the way to go it, then I'm all for it" He shrugged.

" Kaila?"

I sigh, " I guess you already know what I've been feeling about this, yeah sure. If it's for the best." I avoided looking at Zuko's desperate eyes seeking my own as I looked back down at the ground.

Were we making the right choice?

"Katara?"

"I'll go along with whatever you think is right" She answered, glaring at Zuko.

Zuko let out a breath of relief, "I won't let you down, I promise!"

After initiating Zuko joining our team, Sokka led him to a room where he was going to stay in. Me and Aang accompanied Sokka as we waited out in the hallway