24

June 22

24

When I look back on everything that happened yesterday, I feel almost a little bit scared. If I'm completely honest, I'm not sure how I should feel.
So much happened that I never expected. And that I have slept with Rafe, on top of everything. I don't know if I regret it. Maybe we took things too far?

My thoughts continue to swirl within me as I walk along the long hallway in our big house to get out to our yard. Outside in the yard, I meet my parents sitting in their respective sun loungers, soaking up the sun. Today is one of the few days they're actually off and not working at all. They just relax.

"It's a nice day today, don't you think, Adeline?" my mom says, squinting at me as I step out to avoid the sun in my eyes.

"Yes," I reply as I continue walking past them.

"Where are you going?" my dad calls after me when I'm almost at the Cameron's yard.

"Sarah," I call back, to which my dad gives me a thumbs up. Sometimes he's like that. Like a normal dad would be, but sometimes, when he doesn't get his way, well... he becomes a completely different person.

I walk along the yard on the Cameron's side until I reach their glass door, which is open, prompting me to step inside. But I don't get very far before I see Sarah sitting on the couch, which makes me walk over there with a smile. She lights up when she sees me.

"Addie," she says with a mischievous smile.

"Sarah," I say as I sit on the couch next to her. Sarah puts her legs over mine and suddenly starts smiling broadly.

"What?" I ask with a smile, even though I already know what she's probably thinking.

"So, yesterday..." she starts before laughing a little, "you and Rafe..." Sarah's smile is wide.

"What about me and Rafe?" I ask as if I'm clueless.

"You had a very romantic dance there in the beginning. I almost thought you were in love with each other," Sarah says with her teasing smile.

"We were just pretending," I say.

"But then you disappeared right after the dance, and when you came back, you were all sweaty, and Rafe's hair was very tousled, not to mention your clothes," Sarah says, smiling.

There's no point in pretending anymore. Sarah knows what happened yesterday.

"Tell me more," Sarah says.

"There's nothing to tell, though," I say, now feeling a bit shy.

"Yes, there is! Even if it's my brother we're talking about right now, and I'm definitely grossed out, tell me," Sarah says.

"We went to that garage and..."

"You slept with each other in a garage? That doesn't sound nice," Sarah says, looking a bit surprised.

"Yeah, maybe not," I say, shrugging.

Suddenly, Sarah's smile widens again, and I look at her wondering what she's thinking now. But when I notice she's looking up behind me, I turn around and realize that Rafe is standing behind me. I hope he hasn't been standing there long enough to hear our conversation.

"We need to talk," Rafe says in a tough voice as he looks down at me, making me look up at him almost surprised before meeting Sarah's gaze, which really wants me to go with him.

"Okay," I say, almost hesitantly, and follow Rafe, through the hallway, up the stairs, through another hallway, and then into a room, and we're in Rafe's room. He closes the door with a slam, making me almost jump.