Dear Rafe

August 21 2023

Dear Rafe,

I don't know when you'll receive this letter, but it will probably be much later than when I'm writing it. Right now, I'm sitting on the plane on my way to California. Terrified. Because what if I don't make any new friends? What if I regret my decision? What if it doesn't turn out the way I imagined?

You might think it's strange that I'm writing you a letter when I could just as easily send a text. But I'm going to miss you so much that I felt the best thing for me was to write it all out. On real paper.

It hurt so much the last time I looked into your eyes this summer. We've been through so much, and I never thought it would be the two of us. Honestly, I never thought we would even talk to each other all summer. But I guess I was a bit wrong considering everything that happened.

I just wanted to thank you for being there for me when I needed you the most. You were the only thing that kept me going. You were the only light, and I want you to know that.

You don't understand how grateful I am to have had the chance to get to know the real you. I'll never forget that midsummer night. When we had sex for the first time, and I don't think I've ever been so shocked. Nor will I forget the first time we kissed when you wanted to show JJ that I was yours in the surf shop.

The first time you said you loved me.

When you showed me that abandoned house and made me think you were going to kidnap me.

When we went with our dads on that work trip, and I hated it more than anything.

But I will never forget when you saved me from that horrible place. How will I ever thank you for everything you've done for me this summer when it feels like I didn't do anything for you at all, Rafe?

I will always love you, and I want you to know that. Thank you for being there for me.

From,
Adeline Morgans, your girlfriend