34

July 2

The day after, I wake up in Rafe and Nathan's room. I'm still lying in Rafe's bed, the blanket over me, but neither Rafe nor Nathan are in the room anymore. I pick up my phone and check the time. It shows 11:07. I've slept quite a while.

I get out of bed and leave the room to go down the short flight of stairs, but downstairs, I only find Rafe. He's fixing breakfast when I come down.

"Where is everyone else?" I ask, standing beside him along the kitchen counter.

"They went to buy something," Rafe says, handing me a sandwich.

"Thanks," I say, smiling.

We sit at the kitchen table inside the small house. Rafe seems much happier today, smiling several times. It makes me glad to know that we've solved it, so I have at least one less problem remaining.

"That was a good sandwich," I say, trying to break the awkward silence.

"You can thank the store for that. I just added butter and a slice of cheese," Rafe says, making me roll my eyes.

"You're really annoying sometimes, you know," I say.

"You too," Rafe says, smiling, which makes me sigh loudly.

"Stop breathing so loudly," Rafe says.

"I just sighed because of what you said," I say.

"There's nothing to sigh about," Rafe says.

"Do you ever shut up?" I ask, starting to get tired of everything he says.

"Probably not," Rafe says. "Unless you make me, of course," he says with a smirk.

"Shut up" I say, rolling my eyes.

Rafe is quiet for a moment before his smile grows, and his gaze returns to me. What's with him and that smile?

"What?" I ask.

He doesn't answer but stands up from the chair and walks around the table to stand next to me where I sit on my chair. He's just a few millimeters away from me. He bends down so that he's squatting before I hear him whisper in my ear.

"Come with me."

For some reason, his voice gives me butterflies in my stomach. There was just something special in the tone. Something that made me get butterflies in my stomach. So, I do as he says. I get up from the chair and don't have a second to think before Rafe's lips are on mine.

I laugh with his lips against mine and pull away from the kiss. "Let's at least go to my bed."

"No, we'll take mine," Rafe says.

"Mine is better," I say, smiling. Rafe looks down at me with desire in his eyes.

"Okay then, we'll take yours," Rafe says, and his hands go from my shoulders to my waist where he lifts me up and starts carrying me as he walks.

"What are you doing?" I laugh.

"Carrying my princess," Rafe's words make me quiet down and focus on him instead. He looks at me as if he didn't say what he just said and gives me a smile instead.

Rafe is quick to lay me down on my bed and he's already over me. His lips land directly on mine, and this time it's aggressive, as if he's been waiting to do this for a long time.

Rafe leaves the kiss and continues kissing me on my cheek down to my neck where he sucks hard on the perfect spot, making me moan loudly. I don't know what it is about him, but he's doing it so well.