17

(Sam's POV)

Emily cries as the role Elena into the emergency room. I don't know what happened I just.....panicked.
I get Emily to sit down, a nurse comes over to me.
"Sir, I'm sorry but we need you to fill out some forms." She says her black hair swept back into a pony tail.
"Yeah sure." I say keeping my cool. I take the pen filling in the blanks and check boxes.

"I'm calling Dean." Emily says pulling out her phone.
"Dean?" She says sniffing. The doctors are rushing in and out of the emergency room, Yelling for supplies.
Emily gives me the phone.
"He wants to talk to you." Emily says.

"Where the hell are you Sam!?" Dean says roughly.
"Su Falls General." I say quietly. I hear Dean sigh. He seems different, like intense.
"Who is it?" He asks already knowing who it is, but still asks.
"Elena." I state.

"I'm coming." His side goes dead. Hes coming, but what if he gets here and... No that's not going to happen don't think like that.
"We need an IV bag stat!" A doctor yells from Elena's room. I hug Emily close not knowing how this is gonna play out.

**********

"Sam." Dean says entering the waiting room. Emily's now sleeping on the cushioned bench.
"Dean, I panicked I didn't know what to do.." I stutter getting up to face him.

"It's okay as long. As you got her here in time." He say calmly. Emily groans as she turns her back to us. Dean chuckles, it's been a long time since we've seen that girl curled up into a ball. Probably 20 years.

"Sam Winchester?" A nurse calls out. Considering Emily and I were the only ones in the waiting room it was extremely boring.
Dean and I walk up to the nurse. "Yes?" I ask confirming that I'm Sam.

"Okay, so we found traces of poisoning inside her." The nurse says. Dean stays quiet. "We preformed a Gastric Suction, removing the poisoning, she should be fine in a couple of days."

"Can we see her?" Dean pipes up. She smiles giving us the okay. Dean hurries into Elena's room, I wake Emily.
"Em, we can go see her." I say shaking Emily up. She groans getting up.
"I was dreaming Sam, you just interrupted." She says drowsily. I chuckle at her statement.

Elena's not awake but her monitor beats in a rhythmic pace. Dean stands over her, touching her cheek.
"Dean!" Emily say hugging him.

"Hey kiddo." He says hugging her tight. "How you holding up?"
She smiles weakly. "Fine..." She wipes tears from her eyes. He kisses her head gently telling her to go get some coffee. She agrees leaving the room.

"How'd this happen?" Dean asks not releasing his gaze on Elena.
"We were extracting leftover grace." I say ashamed.

"Dammit Sam! That's exactly what Gadreel wanted!" Dean says.
"W-what?" I stutter.

"Grace is like poison to a human, if you extract it..." Dean says quietly taking Elena's hand.
"Dean I'm sorry, we didn't-"

"Sam! Can I just have some time with her!" Dean snaps. I leave Elena's room with Dean inside. I watch Dean, he kisses her forehead slipping a piece of paper in her hand. What the hell?

Crowley suddenly appears In the room with Dean. This can't be a god sign, I start to approach the room when Dean turns to me.
"Sorry Sammy." He says before Crowley places a hand on his shoulder and disappears.

"Dean." I say. "Dean!"

<4 days later>
(Elena's POV)

"Elena." Sam calls from the library. I pull away from the couch, pausing my movie. I need to take my medication, I hate it but it helps with the pain, well that's what the nurses said.

A sandwich and a glass of water sits on the table.
"What no pill today?" I ask sarcastically biting into the ham sandwich. He smiles. "No I figured you should probably...."

"What its bad for the baby, Sam I'm pretty sure getting my stomach pumped was bad for the baby." I say finishing off the sandwich.
"That's not funny Lena." Sam says closing his laptop.

"Sam, I'm just... Tired." I say brushing my back. "I miss him."
Dean left, Sammy said he visited me in the hospital but I wasn't conscious. He's such a dick sometimes, but I trust him not to do anything stupid.

"I miss him too Lena." Sam says. "I'm gonna go out and get some more food." Shifting on his jacket.
"Sam it's 11:38, there something called to late." I say following him up the stairs.

"I'll find somewhere." He says walking out of the bunker. I take a deep sigh, it's so boring here I need to be busy.

********

I peer into Emily's room, she's sleeping with the lights on books pulled up on her bed.
I miss when we were just children and we had no deadly problems.
I switch her light off and gently close the door.

I make my way into my room well also deans room but he's not here.
I shut the lights off climbing under the covers. I pull out my phone looking through my contacts. I stop on deans name, clicking on message.

I take a deep breath, "hey." I type kinda not wanton. Him to reply but also wanting him too. Sure enough the three dots pop up signifying that he's typing.
"Hey." He said.

My finger fly across the keyboard. "Where are you?"

"Missouri." Dean typed.

"I miss you." I type taking a chance on what future conversation. No sign of the three dots, instead my phone starts to ring.
Dean. I pick it up.
"Hey." I say calmly.

"Hey." He says. It's sad Talking like this when I haven't really seen him in a while.
"So what's up?" I ask.

"Just... Working some cases, found a werewolf couple nights ago." He says.
I can hear the sadness in deans voice.
"How's Sam and Emily?"

"Their fine..fine." I say twirling a stray piece of my hair.
"Listen Lena, I miss you and I want to know if there's any possible way we could meet up tomorrow?" He asks.

"Yeah...sure where at, the hospital on main room 123." He says. A hospital? "I have to go, but Lena...I love you."

"Love you too." I say hanging up the phone. I place it on the stand next to the bed.
It feels to big like there's something missing, how Dean usually wraps his arm around my stomach.
I miss him.