Bookstore Confession HanXreader

Warnings: none!

Word count: 515

In the heart of autumn, with the leaves ablaze in shades of scarlet and gold, I found myself walking through the quiet streets, my heart beating like a drum beneath my ribcage. The cool breeze whispered through the trees, carrying the scent of fallen leaves and promising change. Today, I had vowed to take a chance, to lay bare the feelings that had long resided in the depths of my heart for Han, the boy who had captured my every thought.

I hesitated at the familiar storefront of the local bookstore, where Han spent most of his afternoons lost in the world of words. With a deep breath, I pushed open the creaking door and stepped inside, the familiar scent of old books wrapping around me like a warm embrace. Han was there, his eyes fixated on the pages of a well-worn novel, his brow furrowed in concentration.

Summoning all the courage I could muster, I made my way towards him, my heart pounding in my chest like a trapped bird. "Han," I called softly, my voice barely a whisper in the hushed atmosphere of the bookstore. He looked up, surprise flickering in his deep brown eyes as he took in my trembling form.

I fumbled over my words, my tongue suddenly heavy in my mouth as I struggled to find the right thing to say. "I...I have something to tell you," I stammered, my cheeks flushing with a mix of nerves and anticipation.

Han regarded me with a curious gaze, his expression unreadable. "What is it?" he asked gently, his voice soft like the rustle of leaves in the autumn wind.

Gathering my courage like a cloak around me, I blurted out the words that had been dancing on the tip of my tongue for so long. "I...I like you, Han. More than just a friend. I've liked you for so long, and I couldn't keep it to myself any longer."

Silence enveloped us like a heavy fog, the weight of my confession hanging in the air between us. I held my breath, awaiting his response, my heart pounding a frantic rhythm against my ribs.

Then, to my utter astonishment, a smile bloomed on Han's face, his eyes lighting up with a warmth that melted away my fears. "I like you too," he whispered, his voice barely more than a breath, but filled with an intensity that set my heart ablaze.

In that moment, the world around us seemed to fade away, leaving only the two of us standing in a bubble of shared emotion. The realization that Han felt the same way about me sent a rush of joy coursing through my veins, banishing all doubt and fear that had clouded my heart.

And as we stood there, bathed in the soft glow of the autumn afternoon, I knew that my leap of faith had been worth it. For in that bookstore, amid the scent of old books and the echoes of shared secrets, I had found not just love, but the courage to embrace it.