Under the Umbrella HyunjinXReader

A/N poetic for Hyunjin-(we all know he reads Jane Austin!)

It was a dreary Saturday evening, rain tapping lightly against the window panes of our small apartment. I was sitting on the couch, flipping absentmindedly through a magazine, when my boyfriend, Hyunjin, walked up to me with a strange look on his face.

"Hey, babe," he said softly, his voice tinged with a hint of hesitance. "Do you want to go out for a walk?"

I raised an eyebrow, taking in his serious expression. Hyunjin was normally a man of few words, but this quietness was different. I could tell that something was on his mind, something weighing heavy on his heart.

"Sure, we can go," I replied, setting the magazine aside. "But it's raining outside, Hyunjin. Are you sure you want to go out in this weather?"

He nodded, a small smile playing on his lips. "I have an umbrella. Let's just go for a short walk."

As we silently got ready, the tension in the room felt palpable. I couldn't shake the feeling that there was a storm brewing within Hyunjin, one that matched the turmoil of the rain outside.

Stepping out into the cool evening air, Hyunjin held the umbrella above us, shielding us from the gentle drizzle. The soft sound of raindrops hitting the umbrella created a soothing rhythm as we walked side by side, our feet creating quiet splashes in the puddles.

I stole a glance at Hyunjin, his eyes fixed on the ground ahead, lost in his thoughts. Unable to bear the silence any longer, I reached out and gently touched his arm. "Hyunjin, what's on your mind? You seem distant tonight."

He turned to look at me, his gaze softening as he spoke. "I just missed being away from you, even for a little while. I needed this walk, just to be with you."

His words caused tears to prick the corners of my eyes,  warming my heart, and melting away the unease that had settled within me. It was in moments like these, in the quiet intimacy of a rainy evening, that I found myself falling for Hyunjin all over again.

We walked on, the rain around us intensifying, yet it felt like a mere backdrop to the emotions swirling between us. As we approached a deserted park, Hyunjin stopped and turned to face me, his expression vulnerable yet resolute.

With a trembling hand, he reached out to cup my cheek, his touch gentle against my skin. "I love you more than words can express," he whispered, his voice barely above a whisper.

I felt my heart swell with emotion, tears pricking at the corners of my eyes. In that moment, standing under the shelter of the umbrella with the rain cascading around us, I knew that Hyunjin's love was a force stronger than any storm.

Leaning in, he pressed his lips to mine, a soft and tender kiss that spoke volumes of his feelings.