46 - KHALA

Giedi Prime, 10193

As the elegant strains of music filled the air, Khala found herself drawn towards a small group of nobles gathered around a table adorned with exquisite delicacies. Among them stood Lord Malvern, a high-ranking ally of the Baron known for his cunning and ambition. With a practiced smile, Khala approached the group, her eyes flickering with a mixture of warmth and calculation as she prepared to engage in conversation.

Khala walked in Leonara's shoes, her expression stoic and unmoving. For the past three months, Khala had been participating in gatherings as Leonara, the first one being a huge success.

"Get him to like you," the Baron had said. He had commanded that she flirt with him in order for Lord Malvern to continuously visit Giedi Prime, giving the Baron more time to pave an alliance with his house. Of course, Khala didn't want to– neither did Feyd. But Leonara would've done it in the blink of an eye, hence why Khala had to precede Leonara's untreaded footsteps.

Khala had been shaken after being taken advantage of and reclaiming her feelings under 24 hours, not having fully recovered, even three months later. But she couldn't do anything other than pretend. She could only shake when the others weren't looking, could only shed a tear late at night.

"Lord Malvern," Khala purred, her voice dripping with honeyed charm as she approached him, a knowing smile playing on her lips. "What a pleasure it is to see you once again."

Lord Malvern's gaze lingered on her, his expression one of genuine interest mingled with a hint of intrigue. Maybe lust. It was the same look in Piter's eyes that night.

"Leonara," he replied, returning her smile with a slight bow of his head. "The pleasure is all mine, my dear. You always bring a touch of elegance to these gatherings." Khala's smile widened, her eyes sparkling with mischief as she leaned in closer to Lord Malvern.

"Flattery will get you everywhere, Lord Malvern," she teased, her tone laced with playful flirtation. "But I must confess, it's your company that truly brightens my evening." Lord Malvern chuckled, charmed by Khala's audacity.

"You are too kind, my dear," he remarked, his gaze lingering on her with a newfound appreciation. "But tell me, Leonara, what secrets do you harbor beneath that enchanting facade?"

She felt uneasy, scared he saw through her. Or maybe he was just flirting; the way his eyes dipped to her cleavage was a clear indication. Khala's laughter danced like music in the air as she leaned in closer, her voice a tantalizing whisper.

"Ah, but a lady must maintain an air of mystery, don't you think?" she replied coyly, her eyes alight with mischief.

"Let's just say I'm here to revel in the pleasure of your company, Lord Malvern."

Lord Malvern chuckled softly, the sound rich and velvety as he leaned in closer, his breath warm against her ear. "A woman of mystery, then. How intriguing."

His hand brushed lightly against her arm, sending a shiver of disgust down her spine.

"But I must admit, I find myself drawn to more than just your enigmatic allure." Khala's heart raced at his proximity, her pulse quickening with apprehension

"And what else, pray tell, draws you to me?" she asked, her voice barely above a whisper, her lips grazing his earlobe ever so slightly. She felt a shudder of disgust and wronging in performing the action.

Lord Malvern's gaze burned with intensity as he met her eyes, his expression smoldering with desire. "Your wit, your beauty, your undeniable charm," he murmured, his voice husky with emotion.

"But most of all, it's the fire in your spirit, the untamed passion that sets you apart from the rest."

As Khala listened to his words, a sense of revulsion churned in the pit of her stomach.

She despised the way he leered at her, the way his touch made her skin crawl with discomfort. But she knew she had to play along, to feign interest in a man she found utterly repulsive.

So she forced a smile, her eyes glimmering with false warmth as she leaned into his arm that was snaking around her waist, her inner turmoil hidden beneath a mask of complacency.

She hated the way he touched her, the way he talked to her– but what was there for her to do except stand and listen with a smile on her lips?

And as her eyes flickered across the room, they snagged on Feyd. His gaze was like flint, sparks of anger and jealousy igniting in his eyes as he watched her with Lord Malvern. It was a stark contrast to the warmth and tenderness she had seen in his eyes before. It was much more dark, like that time they had argued after he had saved her from the whipping. It was not just jealous... no.

It was furious.

AN: double update but short chapter, smut is next yippee! (don't get ur hopes up guys i kinda suck)