Chapter 5

After getting ready, Lucifer headed down to the Great hall to get some breakfast to eat before class. If he recall correctly it was the transfiguration class next.

If they are teaching the type of magic  that the professor showed at Lux.

It could be interesting, but what about transforming a human into a vibrator or something....Lucifer felt like this kind of good thing..... needed to be explored further.

After entering the great hall, he spotted Hermione who seemed very excited for some reason. Lucifer decided to make his way over, and greet her.

"Someone is excited today, huh?" He asked while taking a piece of toast, and then sat down.

Hermione recognised this voice, it was her 'best friend', and immediately turned her head around, “Yeah, well I simply can't wait for our first class!"

"It seems like it, but I'm a bit surprised you're not in Ravenclaw though I'm not one to talk." Lucifer decided to engage in a small talk, it was really boring around here.

After hearing that question, her brows seemed to be frowned cutely for a second, it seems like she was busy thinking, “Must be my other qualities outweighing my intellect."
Hermione said this, while looking proud of herself. 'I guess she should be' “But, what do you mean 'you're not the one to talk?' She didn't understand this statement.

Of course, she doesn't. Lucifer obviously didn't tell her about being a suitable candidate for each house, "Are you sure, you want to know?” 

Hermione narrowed her eyes, and pointed out her small fingers at him,
“What's that supposed to mean? And don't try to avoid my question!” She was almost deceived by this boy.

“....” Lucifer. 'I really don't want to hurt her ego.... It's obviously the first day, and I don't want to put more effort into knowing other stupid humans...... especially children...' He was just thinking about tedious things, and couldn't reply to Hermione's question.

He just went silent, making the brown-haired girl think, that he was trying to ignore her.

Hermione's lips twitched, she was really getting annoyed with this behaviour, “If you're done thinking....” She stopped mid-sentence, when saw the boy sitting beside her, just started to eat his toast again.

“....” Hermione. 'It's so infuriating, I really want to hit him!'

The other children also started coming down now, they sat down at the Gryffindor table and served themselves. As they began to eat, Rowena swooped down to them.

The owl dropped a folded newspaper on the table before Hermione, before she perched and began to drink from Lucifer’s cup of water.

The boy stared at his familiar with visible disgust. “Please, tell me you brushed your beak this morning,” he implored, but Rowena of course, gave Lucifer the same silent treatment he just did to Hermione, who picked up the newspaper, to calm herself down.

It was that morning’s edition of The Daily Prophet, and she found that it was the lightest newspaper she’d ever seen, with just three sheets of paper when spread out at the center.

The headline on the front page read, Beloved Hero & Acclaimed Author, Gilderoy Lockhart, Awarded Order of Merlin, Third Class.