Ch 121 - Riddle's Diary

Lucifer awoke to the ceiling of McGonagall's Office staring back at him.

The very moment he tried to move, his ribs felt like they had been hit with a sledgehammer.

He groaned in pain as McGonagall knelt down to check on him, “Morningstar, are you alright?”

"Fuck..." Lucifer groaned out, "My ribs..."

McGonagall pulled her wand out and aimed it at his ribs, "This will hurt, Episkey.”

He let out a sharp sound of intense pain.

Nothing had ever hurt so much before that moment, when did he become so vulnerable?

McGonagall stood up and looked at Mr. Weasley with pursed lips.

She looked back to Lucifer, "Potter and young Miss Weasley explained what happened down in the Chamber of Secrets. Your name was found on the wall in a message next to the original message from Halloween night. Truth be told, I knew you hadn't taken Ginevra Weasley, but some," she glanced again at Arthur, "were not so ready to have rational thought."

"That explains the pain..."

"The Heir of Slytherin framed you, by making us think you had been the Heir all year long," McGonagall explained.

"Yes, it would appear that... this diary had enchanted Miss Weasley, and possessed her to do things she could never have done herself," Dumbledore said, sitting behind McGonagall's desk. "And Mr. Weasley here, even after I explained that I don't believe you could ever be capable of doing such a thing as kidnapping Miss Weasley or attacking those four students, especially as one of them is your best friend, when he saw your motionless body, he lost control temporarily and kicked you rather hard," Dumbledore finished with not a hint of kindness in his voice.

"So is Tom Riddle gone? The ghostly figure of him?" Lucifer asked, ignoring Mr. Weasley.

"Yes, after the remarkable description Harry gave us of your ending of the Basilisk, and your apparent immunity to its deadly gaze, Harry stabbed the book with the Sword and ended Riddle's reign of terror on Miss Weasley," Dumbledore was smiling, "and by extension, it's petrified victims."

"Has Madam Pomfrey gotten the Restorative Draught ready to go?" Lucifer asked him, while trying his best to hide the excitement.

"She will have it ready in a few moments. Then the people and cat petrified will be awake and well, including Miss Granger," Dumbledore said, lifting a huge weight off of Lucifer's shoulders.

"Speaking of Poppy, I believe Miss Weasley should be taken up to her so that she may be looked at. There will, of course, be no punishment towards her; older and wiser Wizards have been hoodwinked by Riddle before," Dumbledore smiled again, his eyes twinkling.

He rose from the chair and opened the door so that Ginny could be taken to the Hospital Wing, "Bed rest and perhaps a large, steaming mug of hot chocolate. I always find that cheers me up."

Molly and Arthur then took Ginny out of the office, "You know, Minerva," Dumbledore said thoughtfully, "I think all this merits a good feast. Might I ask you to go and alert the kitchens?"

"Right," she said crisply, also moving to the door, "I'll leave you to deal with Potter, Weasley, and Morningstar, shall I?"

"Certainly," he said and she left.

Lucifer looked at Dumbledore, holding his side as it was still in pain, despite McGonagall's spell usage.

Dumbledore, however, only addressed Harry and Ron, "I seem to remember telling you both that I would have to expel you if you broke any more school rules."