Chapter 9

Lucifer found it hard to believe that it was one day away until his two month mark of being at Hogwarts, but it was true. Today was Halloween and tomorrow would mark his two month arrival at Hogwarts and his away from Hell.

He was actually hoping someone would show up, but no one contacted him yet. He couldn't believe how well his life had actually been at Hogwarts.

Lucifer had become good friend with this human girl who was able to keep him intellectually engaged and even though neither of them acknowledged it, they had a small rivalry between them in who could get new spells correct first.

Hermione hadn't actually cared who it was between the both of them; sometimes it was her, other times it was him but they had fun with it, so it mattered little.

In Charms class that morning, Professor Flitwick had announced, to everyone's delight, that he thought they were ready to make objects levitate. But for whatever reason, when Flitwick split them up into pairs, he paired Lucifer with Neville and Hermione with Ron.

He walked up to the short Professor to talk quietly, "Professor, a word if you please?"

"Of course, Mr. Morningstar , what can I do for you?" Professor Flitwick asked him before they got started.

"Is it possible if you could switch Hermione and I? I don't mind if she and I aren't paired, but could you pair me with Weasely instead of her?" Lucifer asked his squeaky-voiced Professor.

"I am sorry, but the pairings I have made make the most sense, Mr. Morningstar, I'm sure you can understand?"

"No, I don't understand a single thing, Professor. Why, all the humans on this one are just stupid?" Lucifer asked the professor, and his voice sounded quite agitated.

Only, before he went further, Hermione stood up, she grabbed his ear, "Ow, ow, Hermione!" but the girl didn't even listen to his painful shouts, and pushed Lucifer down onto his table, beside Neville, "Stay there!" she warned him, by waving her right hand, her eyes seemed to be indicating what would happen if he didn't, and then walked towards her seat.

Only, Lucifer glared at Ron, daring him to try anything.

Professor Flitwick then addressed the whole class, "Now, don't forget that nice wrist movement we've been practicing!" He was perched on top of his pile of books as usual. "Swish and flick, remember, swish and flick. And saying the magic words properly is very important! Never forget Wizard Baruffio, who said 's' instead of 'f' and found himself on the floor with a buffalo on his chest."

Lucifer couldn't help but chuckle at the saying. He and Hermione were confident in their ability to perform the spell properly. Neville beside him was trying and failing miserably, the feather not even moving.

He looked over and listened to Ron's attempts, "Wingardium Leviosar," he shouted, and waved his arms like a madman.