Chapter 26

On the opposite side of the room was a heavy looking wooden door, "Do you think, they'll attack us if we try to cross the room?" Ron asked.

Lucifer didn't wait for an answer from the other two and casually walked across to the door. 

He made it no problem and the other three hurried behind him, "Are you insane?!" Hermione asked him.

"A little," he smirked at her, causing her to frown at him, but it quickly turned to a small smirk of her own.

Harry tried to open the door, and when it didn't budge, Hermione tried the Unlocking Spell, but still nothing, "These birds... they can't just be here for show," Harry said, looking at them. Upon closer inspection, he saw that they weren't birds, "They're keys!"

"What?" Hermione asked, looking up at them.

"Of course, we have to try and catch one for the door I bet. Look over there, broomsticks!" Harry ran over to them and grabbed one.

"But how do we know which one to get, there must be hundreds of them," Hermione said, not really wanting to fly.

"We are probably looking for a big old-fashioned one that's probably silver like the door handle," Ron said in his observation.

"Potter, you're the only one of us experienced on a broomstick at being a Seeker, this is all you," Lucifer
told him as Harry mounted the broom. 

He looked around and saw one of the keys that looked like it had a broken wing. 

Harry flew right for it, but the moment he grabbed the key, all of the others, started to suddenly chase him around.

He dropped the key towards them and Hermione grabbed it, running over and unlocking the door.

She opened it with Lucifer's help, while Harry flew through the door and they quickly closed it, the sound of several dozen keys colliding with the door could be heard. 

The next room was rather dark and they couldn't see very far. When they got closer to the center, the lights suddenly came on, revealing, much to Ron's not-so-hidden delight, a giant chessboard.

Lucifer ignored the board and walked towards the other side, not wanting to really waste time.

All the White Pawns suddenly drew their swords and blocked the way through. 

But, it didn't make Lucifer stop at all, instead he just turned his neck creepily, and glanced at the White Pawns one by one, "It's my job, let me do something useful for once!" 

It was Ron who shouted from beside Harry, after realising it's his moment to shine, "Harry, you should take the place of a Bishop. Hermione will take the Queen's spot, and Lucifer, take the place of a Cas-"

"Shut up Weasely, I don't have time for your silly games.....Und fam na..." 

"What are you talking about?!" Harry was really getting confused by Lucifer's actions, "It's obvious that Ron's better at chess, let him do th-" 

"Harry, just take a look!" 

"Huh...What the hell?!"