Ch 199 - Dream Come True

“You’re lucky I love you.”

The words had definitely slipped out, made even more apparent by the way her hand jumped to her mouth, her eyes went wide.

‘I- I didn’t-‘

But the response came easily to Lucifer.

He’d known he felt this way for a while. This was more than just a crush.

More than just someone he liked.

This was a girl, the girl, that he would stay with for as long as they both could.

“I love you too.”

Hermione’s hand drifted slowly away from her mouth, her face was difficult to read and for a few moments.

Lucifer thought he’d messed up. Then she threw herself at him and almost sent both of them crashing down to the floor.

She would have done it if not for the fence surrounding the shack.

Lucifer managed to catch it and prop himself up against it.

“I’ve almost said that to you so many times. Like that time in the library when I got annoyed at Palmistry...”

“I figured so, especially with how you hid your face. But I didn’t want to force you into anything.”

“You could have said something instead of letting me worry about it!” Hermione cried loudly.

“You mean like you did last year?”

Hermione glared at him, and then her face cracked into a happy smile and she pulled herself back in against his chest.

‘Well then, let me do it properly this time. I love you, Lucifer.”

“I love you too, Hermione.”

The two stayed like that for a few more minutes before Lucifer broke the silence.

“Always the shack.”

xxxxxx

“Hello, is anybody there?”

“Sorry?” Hermione blinked her eyes twice, then stared at Lucifer's face with a question mark.

“You got crashed....Well, how about we visit somewhere else?”

“....Right.” They made their way back down the hill about five minutes later,  Hermione still in a daze as she walked.

They re-entered the high street and began to make their way up towards Dervish and Banges, Hermione wanted to see if they had anymore planners for future years as the one Lucifer had gotten her was proving useful, when they saw Ron walking alone towards the Post Office.

Or seemingly alone.

The dull pulse that wracked Lucifer’s brain said otherwise.

She simply shook hef head and the two of them pressed on.

Whilst Dervish and Banges didn’t have any more of the planners readily available, they were able to put in a request for one and the shop keep assured them that they would be willing to hold onto it until the next time they could visit Hogsmeade, even if that wasn’t until the following year.