Chapter 22

They were getting deeper and deeper into the forest and it was getting darker and darker, and the path smaller and smaller.

Malfoy was walking about five paces ahead of Hermione and Lucifer, but then he stopped immediately.

Lucifer saw the reason, and pulled Hermione fully behind him, with her looking over his shoulder.

The unicorn was lying dead at the end of the path, a pool of silvery blood still oozing out of the body.

It was killed recently.

Lucifer took a step towards the tragic sight and stopped, once again making Hermione to crash into him.

Out of the shadows, a hooded figure slithered over the long grass and bushes.

It stooped low over the unicorn and drove its long fangs into this poor creature's back.

Malfoy screamed like a little girl and bolted with Fang barking at his heels, leaving Lucifer and Hermione to the creature.

It looked up at them and glided over the body towards them. Its face was shadowed by a large, black hood that dropped low over its eyes, or where its eyes should've been.

Hermione looked terrified, seeing this monstrous figure, and grabbed Lucifer's hand, even more tightly than before. 

Only, when the cloaked figure could move towards any further, Hermione was forced to cover her ears, and scream out loud, on hearing such a high pitched voice, that was nothing more than a whisper, if she just focused on the boy, standing beside him, muttering very intelligible words.

The dark cloak figure standing in front of them was more terrifying, that Hermione couldn't see Lucifer's lips moving at all, but in reality, he was only using the Enochian language, to cast a dark spell, at this monster.

Enochian is used by all angels.

Angel's memory and directives are hardwired into their brain through Enochian.

However, it also has been used by a few other creatures as well.

Lilith, the first demon, was the only being in hell, who could speak in Enochian.

But, Lucifer actually taught, both of high-tier demons — Alastair and Crowley — the ability to use Enochian sigils as well.

This language is akin to a high-frequency noise that could shatter glass, destroy human auditory senses, or, in extreme cases and prolonged exposure, kill humans.

That's why, Lucifer couldn't let Hermione to be exposed against Enochian for much longer, and did his best to complete the spell in a matter of seconds, only to both Hermione, and Quirrelmort, it seemed like hours, screeching in utter agony.

Just moments later, when Lucifer raised his one hand, towards the direction of this cloaked figure, there was a huge roar in the sky, which just moments ago, didn't even have a single intention of bursting, is now crying, and directly threw a lightning strike, mixed with black-white colours, at the place, where Quirrelmort was yelling horribly, in so much pain, that he even regretted to come out here tonight.