Ch 134 + 135 - Pumpkin Pasties

The silence was broken a moment later however by a loud whistling noise that seemed to be coming from Harry's trunk.

Ron pinpointed it first, he got up and opened the trunk, pulling from inside a small spinning top that was glowing very brightly and spinning in the palm of Ron's hand.

"Is that a Sneakoscope?" Hermione asked, craning her head to try and get a better look of the device.

Lucifer hadn't seen it before either.

"Yeah, mind you, it's a very cheap one," Ron pointed out, "it went haywire just as I was tying it to Errol's leg to send to Harry."

"Were you doing anything untrustworthy at the time?" Hermione asked shrewdly, raising her eyebrows a bit.

"No! Well... I wasn't supposed to be using Errol, you know he's not up for long journeys, but how else was I going to get Harry's present to him?"

"Just throw it back in there, Ronald," Hermione said, her curiosity already lost, "before it has a chance to wake Professor Lupin up."

Ron tossed it back in Harry's bag, with a heavy mood, "We could get it checked in Hogsmeade? They sell all sorts of stuff in Dervish and Banges, magical instruments and stuff, Fred and George told me...."

"Do you know much about Hogsmeade?" Hermione asked him, so that she could plan her dates with Lucifer much better, "I've heard it's the only entirely non-Muggle settlement in Britain."

"Yeah, I think it is," Ron said in an off-handed sort of way, "but that's not why I want to go. I just want to get inside Honeydukes."

"What's that?" Lucifer asked, now even his own interest was peaked.

"It's this sweetshop," Ron said, his mouth beginning to water a bit, "where they've got everything ! Pepper Imps, Big Chocoballs full of Strawberry mousse and clotted cream, and really excellent Sugar Quills," Ron went on about sweets.

"But it's also a very interesting place, isn't it?" Hermione asked, urging him to give up more information, "In Sites of Historical Sorcery , it says the Inn was the headquarters for the 1612 Goblin Rebellion, and the Shrieking Shack's supposed to be the most severely haunted place in Britain-"

"- and massive Sherbert balls that make you levitate a few inches off the ground while you're sucking them," Ron continued, plainly not listening to Hermione at all.

She then turned to Lucifer, "Won't it be nice to get out of school for a bit and explore Hogsmeade? We could go on a date there, Lucifer. Our first date!"

Hermione was getting excited just by the thought, she had a cheery look on her face.

"Of course we can," Lucifer said brightly, "It looks like, you have done a lot of research, how about you show me around, then?" he asked, after noticing her expression.

"This seems like a brilliant idea!" Hermione had a spark in her eye. She was already planning the first three visits in her head.

Lucifer agreed with her, then noticed Rowena had gone asleep, probably tired from last night.

"I hope you both enjoy..." Harry said heavily, "You'll have to tell me when you've found out."

"What d'you mean?" Ron asked, getting confused.

"I can't go... the Dursley's never signed my permission form, and Fudge wouldn't either..." Harry said, not looking at any of them.

Ron looked horrified, "You're not allowed to come? But - no way - McGonagall or someone will give you permission-"