Ch 158 - Lucifer's Boggart

“Hmm, classroom needs to be a bit bigger for what I have planned, and I will need you all to stand up," Lupin brought out his wand, gave it a wave, and the room expanded by about ten feet on all four walls, "There we go."

The class was on their feet and in awe at how easily he did that, "Now then," Lupin waved his wand again and the chairs and desks flew to the edges of the room.

He looked over and saw something he needed, a large Wardrobe off in the corner.

"Wingardium Leviosa," he said with his wand pointed at it and levitated it towards the center of class.

"Does anyone know what's in here?"

To no one's surprise, Hermione and Lucifer raised their hands, "Yes, Miss Granger?"

"A Boggart, Professor," she said with a smile.

"Correct, Five Points for Gryffindor, and who can tell me what a Boggart looks like?" He asked them.

Lucifer raised his hand and answered, "No one knows, sir, as Boggart takes the form of our deepest fears."

"Precisely, take Ten Points for Gryffindor," Lupin was smiling. "Now, Boggarts like dark, enclosed spaces; wardrobes, cupboards, or under a person's bed to name a few examples. As Mr. Morningstar so kindly pointed out, no one knows what a Boggart looks like because it is a shape-shifter.”

“The one in here," he said, hitting the wardrobe which caused it to shake, "has yet to take a form, but the moment I open it, the closest person that it sees will be subjected to something they dread to see."

The class was quiet, waiting with bated-breath for him to just suddenly open the wardrobe without warning.

Hermione stood there in thought, 'What am I afraid of? There's failing every class... that would be absolutely terrifying.

There was also that night terror I had-'

"Now, there is a simple way to deal with the Boggart, a charm that was created exclusively for this, however," Lupin paused to reiterate, "the charm alone is not enough to finish off a Boggart. Harry, do you know what is enough?"

"Er..." Harry paused for a moment.

Hermione knew that he knew, because he told her he'd looked over some Dark Creatures, and if he actually did, he should've read up on the Boggart, "Laughter is what finishes it off."

"Exactly! You need to force the Boggart to take a form you find amusing, and when it's turned into it, you will laugh, as will your classmates I'm sure. Now the charm is Riddikulus, okay? Repeat after me, without wands first, Riddikulus," Lupin said to them.

"Riddikulus," said one, not so in unison class.

"This class is ridiculous," Harry heard Malfoy say.

"Very good, but that was the easy part... Neville," Lupin startled the poor boy, "could you come here, please?"

Neville nervously walked up to Professor Lupin, and almost tripped over his own feet on his way up to the center of class.

"How are you, Neville?" Lupin asked him.

"Fine..." Neville squeaked.

"Good, good, so tell me, who or what are you afraid of?" Lupin asked him.

"Prof... Sn..." he mumbled.

"I'm sorry, what was that?"

"Professor Snape..." he said to humorous laughter.

"Yes, yes, Professor Snape. Scares the lot of us, now it's my understanding you live with your grandmother?"

"Yes, but... I don't want it to turn into her either!" He said suddenly.