Ch 64 - Jealous of Ghost

But, Harry came to his friend's rescue, “Oh, Remember all that water on the floor? Where did that come from? Someone's mopped it up.”

"It was about here,” Lucifer said, he is feeling a little weird, especially after noticing....“probably came from that bathroom.”

He looked up and saw a sign that read 'Out of Order' so, Harry reached for the Brass doorknob.

"Can't go in there!" Ron said quickly.

"Why not?" Harry asked, turning around.

“That's a girls' toilet, Potter”

“But, there won't be anyone in there," Hermione said, walking past Lucifer, opening the knob, "It's Out of Order, plus, this is where Moaning Myrtle resides. Come on, let's have a look."

Lucifer was about to dash in there, when Hermione grabbed his arm tightly, “Actually, you'll stay outside. Harry, come with me!”

“Wait, what? Why am I staying out here?”

"This is Myrtle's bathroom!", She said growling. "What, you jealous?" Lucifer joked.

"Yes." Hermione said bluntly and walked into the bathroom.

Lucifer ignored her warning and entered with Harry, Ron moving behind him.

After seeing him entered the bathroom, Hermione tutted at him, "You made quite the impression on her, if you're here, maybe she won't be so moody," she said grumpily.

It was the gloomiest, most depressing looking bathroom any of the boys had ever laid their eyes on or set foot in.

Under a large, cracked, and spotted mirror were a row of chipped sinks.

The floor was damp and reflected the dull light given off by the stubs of a few candles, burning low in their holders; the wooden doors to the stalls were flaking and scratched and one of them was dangling off its hinges, "I can see why it's Out of Order," Lucifer whispered.

Hermione placed a finger on her lips to shut him up and set off towards the end stall.

When she reached it, she stopped, turned to face inside it and said, "Hello, Myrtle, how are you?"

The three boys went to look.

Myrtle was floating above the tank of the toilet, looking miserable as ever, "This is the girls' bathroom," she said in an almost embarrassed voice.

"They're not gir-" she stopped herself when she saw Lucifer, "Oh, Lucifer.... I-I didn't know you were stopping by, l-I'd have made myself a bit more presentable," she said with a ghostly giggle as she turned away, bashful all of a sudden.

"Maybe you should do the talking," Hermione whispered to him but was seriously thinking about exorcising her.

"What are you whispering for?" Myrtle asked, staring at her.

"We were just wondering if you'd seen anything out of the ordinary lately?" Lucifer quickly diverted her attention back to him.

She smiled at him, "You're going to have to be a bit more specific...”

“On Halloween night, a cat was attacked and petrified right outside your door over there," Lucifer pointed to the entrance of the bathroom, making sure she knew what door he was talking about.

"I wasn't paying attention," she suddenly said in a dramatic tone, "but I did hear someone stomping around outside."

"Anything else?"

"No, sorry. Maybe I could help with something else though..."

"We're good, Myrtle!" Hermione interrupted. She gripped Lucifer's forearm and dragged him out of the bathroom.