Ch 126 - Detective?

The shooter's body has now been thrown from the crumpled car.

Laid out in a pile of broken glass.

Twisted and very bloody, but still alive. It's all Lucifer can do to control his emotion, "Oh no no no, not yet...."

"What did you do?!"

"I- I'm sorry..."

"Sorry? Tell me why. Why did you end her life?!" Lucifer's face leaned closer to the murderer, with his eyes nothing but fury, "I can smell death coming for you -- shall I speed it along?"

"Why else? M-Money..."

"Times like these I wish I was back in Hell. What I would do to you..."

The shooter coughs up a final geyser of blood and dies, Lucifer didn't care in the slightest, walking back over to Delilah's lifeless body, with multiple bullet holes, that could be seen through her party dress.

He just stands there, looking down at her... with something in his eyes. Is it loss?

xxxxx

Later, that same night.

Now a full-blown crime scene was going on outside Lux, cherry tops spin.

Police swarm.

Coroners are putting Delilah's body in a bag and into the back of their van as an unmarked cop car pulls up in front.

Out hops SPD homicide detective, Chloe Decker-Espinoza, (30s). She's very beautiful, but actually downplays it on purpose.

She's smart, but cold, directly walking over to the wrecked car where the shooter was lying in a bed of broken glass and blood.

Bends over to get a closer look... when she hears some snickering and whispering behind.

Turns over to see a couple of rookie uniforms staring at her.

"Can I help you?"

xxxxx

The scene changes, to where Chloe is now questioning Lucifer, but he is very distracted right now.

His swirling emotions over Delilah's death are playing with his mind over, and over, while Makima hovers nearby, to help cops with the investigation.

"Lucifer Morningstar

"Lucifer Morningstar...? Is that
like, a stage name or something?" Chloe questioned, while using a blue pointed pen to write down on her
notepad, her eyes looking over the teenager's profile.