Ch 125 - Devil's First

Lucifer scooped up the final piece of parchment on his desk and flicked it open.

From the final member of his well, little group.

He'd already responded to this one, but he hadn't been bothered to put it away yet.

'Dear Lucifer

Thanks for your letter, and for Rowena. The Dursleys have told me Hedwig isn't allowed to deliver anything, but they didn't say anything about your owl.

And she seems to know something's up. She always flies in late and keeps as quiet as possible. She's an absolute lifesaver.

I'm doing okay, doing my best to keep up with schoolwork whilst the Dursleys can't hear me.

They like to yell if they find me with any of my schoolbooks out, as if anyone comes into my room.

It's getting a bit lonely without the others writing too me, especially after Ron's phone call-

Lucifer remembered vividly the note now sitting in his desk, detailing the catastrophe that had occurred when Ron had attempted to use the phone number given by Harry to ring him.

Apparently, Mr Weasley had either forgotten, or neglected to tell Ron, that the person on the other end could hear you perfectly fine without shouting.

Both, Lucifer and Hermione had received letters from Ron advising against ringing Harry.

He didn't give a reply back to that, only when he did receive a second letter from Ron, and one from Ginny today, Lucifer asked Rowena to pay a visit.

-but I know it's for the best, I don't want another shouting match with Uncle Vernon like last time. Have you heard anything from the others about what they're up too? I've still heard nothing.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Harry.'

With one deep sigh, Lucifer tucked it away in his desk. He hated reading about the way the Dursleys treated Harry.

It was disgusting, love of magic or not you should never treat a child that way. Admittedly he'd mostly only heard stories from Ron.

“Literally the least clean part of my room,” Lucifer said, as he got to his feet and started waving his palm over some of the loose parchment towards the back of his desk.

“If you just focused on one piece of homework, it wouldn't be that bad,” Makima said as she made her way into his room, carrying a stack of washing which proceeded to fly towards his now-opened wardrobe and begin hanging itself up.

“Well, I just like to finish my work as soon as possible....”

She politely sat down on the bed, while turning to face Lucifer, with a piece of letter in right hand, he didn't see before

“You didn't have to wash my clothes...”