Ch 131 - Missing her Boyfriend

Hermione had just walked out of Magical Menagerie, holding her new cat, Crookshanks.

She was elated to own him, but something still put a damper on the situation; she hadn't seen Lucifer all morning or afternoon, and it was nearing one-thirty.

Her mirror stopped working for the past weeks, she tried everything to make it function, but just don't know what's exactly wrong.

Even Mr. Weasely didn't know how to fix it, he also never saw such a thing before, even dared to borrow her gift.

She politely declined, with a sour look.

Hermione even visited a nearby trunk shop that takes custom orders, but the lady owner didn't know either.

She told her to pay a visit to Knockturn alley, Hermione of course couldn't exactly do that.

She still kept a watchful eye, just in case she spotted him.

"You bought that monster?!" She heard Ron ask, his mouth hanging wide open.

"He's gorgeous, isn't he?" Hermione said, feeling her face glowing, but not as brightly as it should have been.

She felt Crookshanks purring contentedly in her arms.

"Hermione, that thing nearly scalped me!" Ron said, still in disbelief.

"He didn't mean to, did you, Crookshanks?" She asked him, obviously, he didn't reply.

"And what about Scabbers?" Ron asked, pointing to the lump in his chest pocket, "he needs rest and relaxation! How's he going to get it with that thing around?"

"That reminds me," she said, annoyed, "you forgot your rat tonic!" She slapped the small red bottle into his hands, "And will you stop worrying? Crookshanks will be in my dormitory and Scabbers in yours," she looked around again as she spoke.

"Are you okay, Hermione?" Harry asked her.

"Have either of you seen my Lucifer at all today?" She asked them, still looking around.

"No, we'd have called out to him if we had," Ron said, with a grumpy look, after hearing the name again.

"Just thought I'd ask..." she was worried about him.

She hadn't touched him in almost two months and had honestly missed him to near death, his embrace, his warmth.

Lucifer was like a drug, and she was addicted to him, just wanted to devour the boy.

His preserved leftover, only things which kept her going.

She still kept her poem for him from last year, even though she felt stupid about it.

Harry and Ron were just...meh, that's all they were.

They couldn't engage her intellectually, plus only Lucifer was taking as many classes as she was, which was all of them.

She couldn't even talk to him about sharing the time-turner either, which McGonagall had mentioned in her letter a week ago, with a bunch of old books to read on.

Previously, she thought, both of them would get a separate one, and now didn't have any way to explain the circumstances.

She let Crookshanks down and he was content to sit there until she moved.

She pulled out the necklace from under her shirt, admiring the Emerald Stone that was set into it.

Her heart ached a bit, knowing she wouldn't see him until tomorrow.

They all eventually returned to the Leaky Cauldron where Mr. Weasley was sitting at the bar, reading the Daily Prophet, "Harry," he said, smiling as he looked up, "how are you?"