Ch 62 - Ghost Professor

Lucifer was sitting in the Library one evening, with Harry and Ron sitting across, while Hermione looked in another part of the Library for Hogwarts: A History.

Not that anyone would find it, Lucifer has read the book cover to cover a dozen times since he bought it, and nothing about the Chamber of Secrets was in there.

He was currently reading through Greatest Wizards in History for the third time since Hermione had gotten it for him for Christmas.

She really believed he could one day be in the book itself, and after she found out about his relation to Merlin, she only reaffirmed her stance on it.

Ron and Harry were both busy writing their History of Magic Homework.

Professor Binns asked for a three foot-long composition on, 'The Medieval Assembly of European Wizards,' and Ron was frustrated, "I don't believe it... I'm still Eight inches short..." He dropped his parchment and it sprang back into a roll.

"Hermione has Four feet Seven inches... Lucifer got an even Five feet... and their writing was tiny !" He complained to Harry and sighed.

After that, Ron tried to look over at him, “Lucifer, could I-"

"No," he responded without letting Ron finish his question. He didn't even take his eyes off the book.

“You don't even know what-"

"You were going to ask me if you could read my Composition, and my answer is no. You've had ten days to work on this, Hermione and I got ours done on Day Three. You have no one to blame but yourself,” Lucifer said matter-of-factly.

"It can't hurt to ask her, though," Ron said.

"If you even try to bother her with your own shortcomings, I'm torching that paper,” Lucifer said, finally looking up at him.

Ron went wide-eyed and dared not ask Hermione in the slightest.

But, she did show up a moment later, exasperated,  “All the copies of Hogwarts: A History have been taken out, and there's a two week waiting list..." Hermione sighed, sitting down next to Lucifer.

She looked over and smiled when she realised, what he was reading.

"Why don't you just read yours?” Ron asked without looking up, trying to finish his paper.

“I left mine at home because I had to  fit all of Occlumeny, plus Standard Grade 2 with Lockhart's books... what a waste of space those are....”

“Occlu-wh-”

"Why do you want it?" Harry rudely interrupted Ron's question, with one if his own.

“The same reason as everyone else wants it," she said to him, "to read up on the Legend of the Chamber of Secrets!”

"What's that?" Harry asked.

"That's just it, I can't remember," Hermione said, biting her lip, “and I can't find the story anywhere else...”

"You could've just asked to borrow mine,” Lucifer chimed in.

“What are you - you had your copy the whole time!?" Hermione asked in a loud voice, causing her to be shushed by Madam Pince.

“Why didn't you tell me, before?!” She asked in a much quieter tone.

"You never asked...” Lucifer said, trying to make Hermione a fool, it caused him to receive a slap across the shoulder.

He even feigned pain for a few minutes.

The bell eventually rang and Hermione led the way from being a little frustrated with Lucifer, so she power walked her way to History of Magic.